#1 Canceled Excursion

kidz_rn

I am told that the #1 canceled cruise excursion is the Alaska helicopter glacier tour / dog sledding from Juneau /Skagway, because of fog / bad weather.

It costs less to book directly with the copter co., but would the refund from them be more of a hassle than from the cruiseline if the trip is canceled?

I am told that the #1 canceled cruise excursion is the Alaska helicopter glacier tour / dog sledding from Juneau /Skagway, because of fog / bad weather.

It costs less to book directly with the copter co., but would the refund from them be more of a hassle than from the cruiseline if the trip is canceled?

It shouldn't be. Send an email to the vendor and ask about how they handle cancelled tours. (I prefer the email to a phone call because then you have a paper trail.) Any vendor I have dealt with promised a full refund it they had to cancel due to weather. If they didn't follow through, trust me, it would all over these travel forums.

I hope you have wonderful weather with no tour cancellations!!

Absolutely- if the VENDOR cancels, you get a full refund.

Always have back up plans with this tour, and know what else could occupy your time, have phone numbers handy if needed.

Juneau is actually the "most" canceled, with Skagway a close second. Also decide in advance- IF you would book a regular glacier landing- if offered. Generally you don't have a lot of time for the decision. Many times, you also will not have an opportunity for rebooking in the same port. The glacier dog sledding tours, in advance, fully book most days.

Archived