123 Promo Upgrade/Pay now or onboard

scottygirl

I know this has been discussed and many dead horses have been beaten but I still don't have resolution on this issue!

We have a large group cruise on the Constellation January 30, 2014. All parties chose the classic drink package and want to upgrade to the premium. Our TA says we have to pay for it now and she will charge our credit cards accordingly. No one has a problem with that except that she says it is non-refundable if we cancel the cruise!

So.....can we just upgrade onboard? We all have OBC which we could apply to pay for the upgrade. This is so frustrating.....:eek:

I am calling Celebrity at 8:00 am and let's see what version of the answer I get from them.

Ok, just got off the phone with Celebrity and Mia said that the upgrade charge would be completely refundable up to the final payment date. She also said that you could upgrade onboard to the Premium Package.

Now I have to decide who to believe!:confused::confused:

From the point of view of the shipboard experience, any drink promo with 1-2-3 is exactly the same as if you bought it in cash. Your SeaPass card gets updated with the indicated plan (classic or premium) and your drinks are served to you accordingly. If you buy the upgrade, the agent who takes your order will update your plan and only charge you the difference. If you upgrade on board, similarly, you will only pay the difference in cost between the two plans.

Wait until after final payment is due, then pay for the upgrade. At that point you have committed to going and whether it is refundable is a non issue.

It also takes no time at all to upgrade once on the ship. Just go to a bar to get your first drink and tell them you want to upgrade. You will get a sticker for your card denoting the upgrade. This would also be the way to go if only one person in a state room wants to upgrade.

Wait until after final payment is due, then pay for the upgrade. At that point you have committed to going and whether it is refundable is a non issue.

It also takes no time at all to upgrade once on the ship. Just go to a bar to get your first drink and tell them you want to upgrade. You will get a sticker for your card denoting the upgrade. This would also be the way to go if only one person in a state room wants to upgrade.

Great idea!

This is what we'd like to do -- our T/A said we would both need to upgrade to Premium suggested we wait until final to do it. We really would like to upgrade just one of us. This is good news if one of us can do it when we board.

Archived