booked a cruise, now what?

ozarkmama

OMG, 32 weeks to go, How do I make the time go faster? :rolleyes:

Spend lots of time on the boards chatting with your fellow cruisers. Go find the roll call for your cruise and visit with people who will be on the ship with you. Who knows what mischief you'll get up to? We're currently ordering our pink boas and planning to bring flamingos to the sailaway party.

First cruise, huh?

Don't worry, the time will move quickly enough...

Think about all of the other things you need to do or have planned for all 0of that intervening time...I'm sure you have plenty to do--don't just wish portions of your life away--not good for you...

But, on the cruise front, to keep the excitement building, start researching your ports of call...Try to figure out what you want to do and see in each...Start looking at the offered shore excursions...and also scour the ports of call boards here and the info on TripAdvisor.com and elsewhere to see if there are any preferable private tour options...Participate on your "Roll Call" and compare notes with others--maybe even connect with people to share some private tours...

Have you booked flights yet? Depending on where you're cruising from, you may want to fly in a day or two early and enjoy the sights of the embarkation port (It also serves as a hedge against flight delays, missed connections, lost luggage, jet lag, time zone changes, etc.--and relieves a bit of the stress...and makes for a slightly longer vacation in total)...

Research hotels...

Set up your ground transportation logistics

Lots of stuff to do between now and sailing...

...and that will help that time seem to move quickly...

I go through these things while waiting:

1. Check prices daily to see if you can get a better deal. It always feels good when you catch a price reduction.

2. Join your roll call and get to know some people. A lot of it is random banter, but it's really fun to all look forward together.

3. Continue researching the ship and reading reviews. My wife and I always have "cruise excursion" dinners so we can talk about stuff. If you are going with others you can have parties that have a cruise theme.

4. Continue reading and commenting on the Celebrity main board (here). You get to know great people, have fun arguing about inconsequential stuff and pretend that it's really important, and just have a fun time. I know that "style" is not for everyone, but I love it.

Tom

Jump up and down with excitement until its time to go!!

Or, start preparing at home, eat a five course breakfast every day, (make sure that waffles feature in this breakfast) then an equally large lunch, afternoon snack (cheeseburger usually) and then some afternoon tea, then a banquet dinner, followed by a nightcap! Then you will feel and look like a seasoned cruiser by the time you actually cruise!! :D

Complete the online registration.

MOST IMPORTANT

Be sure your passport expires more than 6 months after the end of the cruise. Some countries will not let you enter if your passport expires before 6 months from the date of entry.

Glenn:cool:

Book another cruise, 52 weeks out. :D

Book yet ANOTHER cruise departing 4-8 week from now! :eek:

That way you can be thoroughly excited for ALL of them, and not have to wait so long to go on the first. ;)

Consider it "pacing" yourself! :)

Besides all the fun preparation and anticipation, the only thing that makes time goes faster is to be really busy. So, you need to take on some extra work or a project.:)

When I had booked my first cruise my feeling was "is it ever going to happen?" time went so slow.

Then started a home renovation and boy oh boy did time went fast after that. In the end had no time to read my prepared packing list, just chucked things in the suitcase and off we went cruising.:D

Archived