Air conditioning

I was on The Dream in February and found the public areas were just too cold for me!!!

I'm wondering how many others felt the same? Not sure if it's more a lady thing than a man thing as we tend to have sleeveless dresses and tops. In the Medusa in particular, I did try to avoid sitting under the air con vents as the draught on your shoulders and neck was so uncomfortable.

I hate dressing up nicely then having to find matching cardi's/wraps etc. to cover up with.

I did meet other ladies who felt shivery too. You don't expect to be cold in the Caribbean. It must cost a fortune in extra fuel trying to keep temperatures so low.

I thnk it probably felt so much colder after a day in the nice warm sun.

This was also an issue for me when in Florida, restaurants and malls were also too chilly for me.

Am I just being a wimp? Before any males answer can you also get your female partners views on this.

Lorraine

I agree that the air-con can be quite chilly - especially in the dining rooms but oddly enough altho DH takes a jumper for the evenings to put over his short-sleeved shirts if necessary and I always take a wrap, on the Dream trip (I think we were on the same time as you Lorraine) we both commented that we hadn't needed them in the evenings. One of us is often to be found scurrying back to the cabin for an extra layer if we don't take one with us in the evening but that hadn't been an issue with us this year. I hardly used my wrap at all - but we didn't tend to go into the Medusa early on so didn't find that a problem (these areas often start quite cool and warm up as more bodies pile in). I must say the Argo lounge is almost always very chilly though!

You're right about them keeping the inside cooler though in the Caribbean but I think that's mainly to try to keep cabins temperatures down - I did meet someone who'd had problems with the cabin which was uncomfortably hot.

One of my favouirte spots was the Lido deck in the evening to sit out with a drink - such a lovely warm balmy breeze and such aCaribbean treat!

I had no problem on the ship public areas at all. When we first got on board I found the cabin too hot, and struggled with breathing in it. I couldn't stay in the cabin to unpack the case it was so hot, and couldn't get the little temperature thing to go any cooler.

Our steward said he could find a fan to plug in, but that would have taken a precious plug point. It was good of him though. I mentioned it at reception, and they said it would be ok when they left the berth, but would send someone to check. When we got back that night there was a chitty in to say air con had been repaired, and we were ok for the rest of the fortnight. I was pleased as I couldn't have slept in the hot cabin and had visions of sleeping on deck.

Was Argo the lounge with the Trio. I thought they were brilliant, sat in there the first night. After that it was just too chilly for me.

Yes Kruseeka we were on the same time as you. I think we were on the Rhum and Chiva trip that got back late.

I meant to make a note of your username and say hello, but once on there could not think of it.

We had no air con in our cabin for the first few hours on board....they came along twice to fix it and after that there was no problem.

Lorraine

On one cruise aboard Celebration I was reading in the broadway show lounge and a couple walked through complaining that it was far too cold!

I checked the wall thermometer, all rooms have them tucked away somewhere, it indicated 21 degrees!

Maybe 21 degrees is not a comfortable temperature for people?

Then the people pile in the room. One hundred people equal at least 7KW so with a few hundred crammed in the temperature soon rises :eek:

I suppose the temperature is also dependant on where you are sitting. WIth little choice, due to limited seating, it was a case of get a seat if you are lucky on some nights.

The Ocean Bar with that wonderful Trio, was a no no for me.

I really shivered on some nights when sitting near the air-con blowers in the Medusa and my neck and shoulders got really cold.

The Broadway Lounge was fine.

Next time I will pack some woolies.....LOL!! Just what's needed in the Caribbean

Lorraine

Archived