Silver Spirit - Verandah Suite 531 - Handicap / Accessible suite

Scott1sh

Hi folks - we have just booked a trip on The Spirit, and have been assigned Suite 531. I see from the deck plan that this is a "handicap suite" (their words, not mine).

Can anyone highlight the main differences between this type of cabin and a regular verandah suite?

The Spirits handicapped cabin has:

An electric door, when you insert your key, the door opens automatically for you.

The bathroom has no bathtub and is in essence a Shower room with a curtain separating the toilet area. We find we use more towels keeping the areas dry however, like not having the tub which we find useless.

The cabin is wider then the standard veranda cabins. Furniture the same.

There is an incline when you go out the balcony allowing wheelchair access.

Location in case of bad weather is perfectly mid ship and low....which is where you feel the motion the least.

Safe travels, we didn't love the Spirit in the beginning but she has grown on us. Cheers!

Thank you as ever for your quick replies - all of it seems to make sense.

Unfortunately I like nothing more than sitting in the bath whilst feeling the motion of the ocean! Sadly, I don't think this will be happening on our upcoming trip. However, this was the last suite available on the ship, so beggars can't be choosers!

Hi folks - we have just booked a trip on The Spirit, and have been assigned Suite 531. I see from the deck plan that this is a "handicap suite" (their words, not mine).

Can anyone highlight the main differences between this type of cabin and a regular verandah suite?

Hi Scott1sh, Never stayed in these suites but not sure I would be happy being allocated one of these cabins if I did not need it (just a personal thing). If you are not happy have you asked if they can change it.

Thank you as ever for your quick replies - all of it seems to make sense.

Unfortunately I like nothing more than sitting in the bath whilst feeling the motion of the ocean! Sadly, I don't think this will be happening on our upcoming trip. However, this was the last suite available on the ship, so beggars can't be choosers!

Sorry Scott1ish posted at the same time! Whatever suite you are in you will have a fab time.

We won't worry about it too much - we are only on board for three nights. Our TA just emailed us last week with an offer for a 3 night round trip from Monte Carlo leaving on 26 April and we jumped at the chance. I know there has been a lot of discourse about the pros and cons of shorter voyages, but we are really looking forward to a long weekend away. Anyone else on CC joining us?

I heard or read on your site maybe, that all your ships are handicap accessible AND have pool lifts. Is this true? We went on Carnival and were told that the video arcade was accessible. It was not. They had a stair lift. My boys are in over 300lb. power wheelchairs. We could not get to it. My boys were very upset. I was looking at your breakaway ship. It did not look very accessible. There were a lot of tables with walls next to them and chairs that were extremely high to the bars area's. Hmmm. How many people can be in one of your handicap staterooms? We need room for a full size power wheelchair to turn around in also. I would need to be in a room with my boys even if I have to sleep on the floor on a blow up mattress. :rolleyes:

Archived