Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

Thank-you......we're you on the Ecstasy with us in December. Your screen name looks so familiar

No, that wasn't us. We were supposed to be on this Freedom cruise, but had an illness in the family and had to cancel. That's why I'm enjoying your review and photos so much.

Leslie

No, that wasn't us. We were supposed to be on this Freedom cruise, but had an illness in the family and had to cancel. That's why I'm enjoying your review and photos so much.

Leslie

That's it!!!!!!! I knew your screen name looked familiar from somewhere. I had you on our meet and greet roll call list.

I remember your husband had an illness that prevented you from coming.

I'm glad you are enjoying my review.

After our brunch we headed up to the Serenity Deck to catch some rays :p I know a lot of people often say that they have trouble finding a chair on the Serenity Deck but we never did

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida233_zpsaa3b85e1.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida234_zps3e373fd7.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida235_zpsfae1a965.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida236_zps673196a0.jpg

Ahhhhhh the clamshells.....they were amazing. That is what we would lay in at night when we would come up to look at the stars.

Now the next thing I did some of you may laugh at but I figured oh well I'm on Vacation. It was something that I always wanted to do on a cruise

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida242_zpsdfafa649.jpg

I did the Build-a-Bear (or in this case Build-a-Dog). I have always wanted to but always figured I was too old and would feel out of place. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad I did it

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida238_zps7488bacf.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida243_zpsff28dda2.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida240_zpsb8efdf6a.jpg

I rode down the elevator with Fun Ship Freddy

Now I know some of you love Caribbean Sunset pics.......I believe I may have captured some of the best ones that I have ever come across on a cruise. They were breathtaking

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida244_zps9a150496.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida245_zps68ae4d3e.jpg

I like these in Black and White

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida246_zps51f0a837.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida249_zps9d98671c.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida251_zps27483d2c.jpg

I forgot to take my camera to dinner so I didn't get any food pics that night. This was formal night and my dad and I decided to eat in the buffet because we didn't feel like getting dressed up

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida264_zps3b8f30a0.jpg

Our little Towel Friend

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida266_zpsc23e4985.jpg?t=1364222355

Platinum Gifts

Well that is the end of our Sea Day......next Stop on the Carnival Freedom Photo Review will bring us to Grand Cayman

Great pics and review. I will be on this cruise in Oct. I love KW.

Yeah I love Key West too.....one of the sole reasons why we booked this cruise.

Have a Great Time on this Cruise and thanks for checking out my review

The Margaritaville in Ocho Rios is in that shopping area that is relatively close to the port area. They have a small pool and waterside there. That might be fun for your daughter after your trip on the Bobsled excursion.

I'm sure you will have a great time on the Bobsleds

We are both looking forward to it...

Can you explain the "tastes" menu thing? I don't think I have seen that on my other cruises--- is that what they are calling the midnight buffet now?

The taste bar is something new but it allows you to try the different foods (blue iguana cantina, red frog pub, steakhouse) that isn't on that ship yet. It is held from 5:30 to 8:00 pm each night.

The night we went was Red Frog Pub night and they had Conch Fritters and Coconut Shrimp. It was really good. We also went on Blue iguana Cantina night and we had little burritos

I did this same cruise last March and it was fabulous! The Freedom is a great ship, and I loved the ports. Key West is my favorite as well, but i really enjoyed Grand Cayman, and even Ocho Rios was good too.

Great review so far!

You mentioned earlier the Seaday Brunch in the Posh dining room. That's the center dining room, the one used for ATD, yes?

Do they also have traditional breakfast and traditional lunch on seadays in the other dining room?

BTW, I am enjoying your pictures! We are sailing the Freedom again in October. We missed our call to Ocho Rios last time.

Oliver