Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

Our final day at sea was spent exploring and packing.....it is never as much fun to pack on the ship because then you know the vacation is coming to an end. But in our case we still had vacation left after the cruise so it wasn't quite as bad

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida428_zps6770fd79.jpg

This was on a door two rooms down from us....I thought this was so cute. Congratulations to the newlyweds

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida429_zpse8e4db52.jpg

This was Circle C on Promenade Deck

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida437_zps226b631b.jpg

I won another 24 Karat ship on a stick playing sports trivia....so now my dad and I both won a ship on a stick to take home

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida438_zps0cc7d2dc.jpg

Oh I am so loving this too. It gives me ideas on where to go on my next cruise. I go on my first in December and cannot wait! Thanks for sharing with us. I do hope to be able to do a review of my cruise when I get back.

Edit: Oh and I want one of those ship on a stick too. Not sure what I'll be able to do to manage to score one. Heck, maybe asking nicely if I do not manage to snag one before the cruise will work :P

Edited by Flutie03

Congratulations on your first cruise....I'm sure it won't be your last. What ship will you be going on???

Going on the Conquest 1st Dec till 8 Dec, Western Caribbean....can't wait!!:D

So I'm enjoying every bit of your review!

I've got a couple side notes to add about this cruise that I previously had not mentioned before........

[*]The Playlist Production shows on this cruise were boring. They were lacking an excitement and pizazz from the singers and dancers. We always look forward to the production shows but this time we left disappointed. There were 3 shows over the 6 day cruise......The Brits, All that Jazz, and Motor City were the 3 shows but they were lacking any real interest. And it wasn't just us there were a lot of people who got up and left during the performances.

Has Freedom gone to the Playlist Productions? Last I heard they were still doing Ticket to Ride & Big Easy?

Oh I am so loving this too. It gives me ideas on where to go on my next cruise. I go on my first in December and cannot wait! Thanks for sharing with us. I do hope to be able to do a review of my cruise when I get back.

Edit: Oh and I want one of those ship on a stick too. Not sure what I'll be able to do to manage to score one. Heck, maybe asking nicely if I do not manage to snag one before the cruise will work :P

Participate in all the trivia contests and I'm sure you will win a coveted 24 karat ship on a stick.

Have fun on your first cruise.....Trust me when I say I'm sure it won't be your last ;) :) :p

Going on the Conquest 1st Dec till 8 Dec, Western Caribbean....can't wait!!:D

So I'm enjoying every bit of your review!

Have fun on the Conquest. That is a perfect week to go because there won't be a lot of kids onboard. That is the same week that we go every year. This year we are going on the Carnival Sunshine that week :)

Has Freedom gone to the Playlist Productions? Last I heard they were still doing Ticket to Ride & Big Easy?

They are listed as Playlist Productions in the Carnival Fun Times. Ticket to Ride isn't on the Freedom anymore

I just read through all the pages...this was a great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your pictures, stories, and answers to questions! I am now considering the Sunshine Scooter rental instead of the on/off trolley excursion I booked for July....

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review! I've just read all 15 pages. I really want to go to Key West and Grand Cayman. I definitely want to rent an electric car in Key West. I would never have even known about it. And I have to go to the pretzel place. They look delicious! I agree with you about the Carnival gift shop. I wanted to get my daughter a carnival breeze shirt. They didn't have any in kids sizes but they had shirts with flowers and things like that.

For anyone wondering about Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios we just did that excursion through Carnival and I highly reccomend it. We just walked down the pier to a little tent and gave our tickets to someone working there. She told us what van to get in and we waited about five minutes for more people. In the van they sold water,soda and red stripe. To get to the top of Mystic Mountain you have to take the sky explorer to the top. I'm somewhat afraid of heights but this didn't bother me and the view is amazing. When you get to the top they have the bobsleds,ziplining and and infinity pool with a water slide. You see the beautiful view of the ocean and cruise ships. It's also a great photo op. The pool was great because Jamaica was so hot in humid. I live in Florida and it was like Florida summer weather but this was in March so I was a little surprised by the heat there. There are also vendors selling souvineers and a gift shop. The gift shop had good prices. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and no one pressured us to buy anything.

They are listed as Playlist Productions in the Carnival Fun Times. Ticket to Ride isn't on the Freedom anymore

Ticket to Ride was the best show I have ever seen on a Carnival ship. Its a real shame they have eliminated it!

Hey wrigley80...what other "2.0" items are on the Freedom? I know it hasn't been through the whole transformation yet but wasn't sure what items from 2.0 were on there...like the Playlist Productions and I also read, the Punchliner's Brunch. Thanks! Going on Freedom in 22 days!

I just read through all the pages...this was a great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your pictures, stories, and answers to questions! I am now considering the Sunshine Scooter rental instead of the on/off trolley excursion I booked for July....

Thank-You for reading my review. Answering questions and telling stories from the cruise is just as much fun as going on the cruise.....ok well maybe not as much fun but definitely enjoyable.

I highly recommend Sunshine Scooters.....they are wonderful people and so friendly. I'm sure the trolley would be a lot of fun but with the electric car you are able to plan out where you want to stop in the short amount of time you are there. Let me know what you decide

Thanks for taking the time to write this great review! I've just read all 15 pages. I really want to go to Key West and Grand Cayman. I definitely want to rent an electric car in Key West. I would never have even known about it. And I have to go to the pretzel place. They look delicious! I agree with you about the Carnival gift shop. I wanted to get my daughter a carnival breeze shirt. They didn't have any in kids sizes but they had shirts with flowers and things like that.

For anyone wondering about Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios we just did that excursion through Carnival and I highly reccomend it. We just walked down the pier to a little tent and gave our tickets to someone working there. She told us what van to get in and we waited about five minutes for more people. In the van they sold water,soda and red stripe. To get to the top of Mystic Mountain you have to take the sky explorer to the top. I'm somewhat afraid of heights but this didn't bother me and the view is amazing. When you get to the top they have the bobsleds,ziplining and and infinity pool with a water slide. You see the beautiful view of the ocean and cruise ships. It's also a great photo op. The pool was great because Jamaica was so hot in humid. I live in Florida and it was like Florida summer weather but this was in March so I was a little surprised by the heat there. There are also vendors selling souvineers and a gift shop. The gift shop had good prices. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and no one pressured us to buy anything.

To read all 15 pages at once must have kept you intrigued with my review.....hehe. I'm happy that you liked it. Key West and Grand Cayman can be found on the Western Caribbean itineraries. Both places are in my top 5 favorite places in the Caribbean. Key West is my favorite place.

Those pretzels were sooooo good. I could go for one right now.....haha. The Pretzel Shop will definitely be at the top of our list for places to visit on our next visit to Key West......which hopefully won't be too far off.

I couldn't agree more with you. The gift shops onboard need a complete overhaul. They need more Carnival logo merchandise

Ticket to Ride was the best show I have ever seen on a Carnival ship. Its a real shame they have eliminated it!

I'm pretty sure they run each show for 6 months or so and then they rotate and change ships. I agree Ticket to Ride was a good show but it's nice to see new shows as well

Hey wrigley80...what other "2.0" items are on the Freedom? I know it hasn't been through the whole transformation yet but wasn't sure what items from 2.0 were on there...like the Playlist Productions and I also read, the Punchliner's Brunch. Thanks! Going on Freedom in 22 days!

The Carnival Freedom goes in for 2.0 upgrades during its dry dock at the end of November. The Freedom will be in dry dock for about 10 days at the end of November. Freedom is scheduled to receive Guys Burgers, Red Frog Pub, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, Hasbro Gameshow, EA Sports Bar, and Alchemy Bar.

The Punchliner Brunch isn't onboard yet....it is the Sea-day brunch. The Sea-day brunch is held on sea days only from 8:30-1:00 pm in the Posh Dining Room

What itinerary are you cruising with on the Freedom???

I just wanted to pop in and say that I am getting our pictures uploaded and organized on photobucket. This will be my 5th Photo Review. I know how much I enjoy reading the photo reviews of other cruisers so I make it a point to take notes and lots of pictures while I am on vacation.

We (my dad and I) were on the Carnival Freedom out of Fort Lauderdale for the 6-day itinerary that went to Key West, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. We also spent 3 addititonal days after our cruise in the Orlando area.

While I continue to wait for my pictures to load feel free to ask any questions about the Freedom or anything else. :)

YAY! Good reading to keep me busy at work this morning! Thanks for sharing. I love your reviews.

Did you have any problems in Key West finding places to park the scooter? We have always just walked around town on our visits....other than in December when we rode the Old Time Trolley and got to see the other side of the island for the first time.

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013007_zpsb5de0b51.jpg

This was our tour guide

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013015_zps5b8e3c29.jpg

The guides had a short instructional session with us to explain how to touch and hold the stingrays but then we were free to swim around and touch them

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013021_zpsf1994b58.jpg

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013027_zps1fc4a588.jpg

Those steps off the back of the boat were a lifesaver. You literally walk out of the boat and down five steps and you are in the water

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013034_zpsa84e31ab.jpg

There's a stingray underwater

Awesome review!!! Makes me even more anxious to go on our first cruise in July