Our Cruise on the Carnival Freedom w/ Lots of Pics

wrigley80

I forgot to take my camera to dinner so I didn't get any food pics that night. This was formal night and my dad and I decided to eat in the buffet because we didn't feel like getting dressed up

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida266_zpsc23e4985.jpg?t=1364222355

Platinum Gifts

Well that is the end of our Sea Day......next Stop on the Carnival Freedom Photo Review will bring us to Grand Cayman

Are the Tervis Tumbelrs for sale or can only be received as Platinum Gifts?

I did this same cruise last March and it was fabulous! The Freedom is a great ship, and I loved the ports. Key West is my favorite as well, but i really enjoyed Grand Cayman, and even Ocho Rios was good too.

Great review so far!

Thank-You :)

In Grand Cayman we went to Stingray City......this is our 3rd time visiting Stingray City and it never gets old. We love seeing and swimming with the stingrays

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida268_zpsa1ee9a82.jpg

On the Tender Boat headed into town

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida269_zpsc1cd6387.jpg

One of the tender boats that is used to transport cruise passengers

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida272_zps6632228a.jpg

I never get over how big the ships really are

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida273_zps57252fda.jpg

I love the Whale Tail

This time we decided to book with a company called MarineLand Tours. I was originally booked with Moby Dick Tours but I decided to switch because I had come across MarineLand's boat.

Their boat has steps and a platform that drops all the way into the water so you don't have to climb a ladder. This worked so much better......if any of you have people in your group that have mobility issues and want to go to Stingray City then go with MarineLand Tours

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida278_zps92f62132.jpg

This was the boat.....it was wonderful. The excursion has to be booked through Carnival and it was $52.00 per person. I usually don't book excursions through the Cruise Ship but with this one you have no other choice. I booked it at home before we left for Florida

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida281_zps2db4d829.jpg

Inside of the boat. There is also a sun deck

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida283_zpsd721760b.jpg

You are transported out to the boat on these trolleys

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida285_zps57e7a246.jpg

Dad and I are ready to swim with the stingrays

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida289_zps17777b90.jpg

There's the Carnival Freedom

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013007_zpsb5de0b51.jpg

This was our tour guide

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013015_zps5b8e3c29.jpg

The guides had a short instructional session with us to explain how to touch and hold the stingrays but then we were free to swim around and touch them

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013021_zpsf1994b58.jpg

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013027_zps1fc4a588.jpg

Those steps off the back of the boat were a lifesaver. You literally walk out of the boat and down five steps and you are in the water

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013034_zpsa84e31ab.jpg

There's a stingray underwater

Love it so far! Can't wait to see your Grand Cayman pics. We will be there soon, and I still have no idea what to do!

There are so many things to see and do in Grand Cayman.....I highly recommend a visit to Stingray City

Are the Tervis Tumbelrs for sale or can only be received as Platinum Gifts?

No.....the Tervis Tumblers can only be received as Platinum Gifts but on the ships with the Red Frog Pub you can purchase a Tervis tumbler with the Red Frog Pub logo for $16.00

You mentioned earlier the Seaday Brunch in the Posh dining room. That's the center dining room, the one used for ATD, yes?

Do they also have traditional breakfast and traditional lunch on seadays in the other dining room?

BTW, I am enjoying your pictures! We are sailing the Freedom again in October. We missed our call to Ocho Rios last time.

Oliver

The Seaday Brunch is held in the Posh dining room....Posh is all the way in the back of the ship. It is the assigned dining time dining room.

They do not have the traditional breakfast or lunch on seadays. It is just the Seaday Brunch now. They do continue to have the traditional breakfast in the dining room on port days

Thank you so much for recommending SunShine Scooters in Key West. After reading your review last night, I called this morning and made our reservation for a 2 seat electric car when we visit Key West in April. I am so happy I found your review....we will get to see so much more of Key West now!

Thank you for taking your time to share your trip with all of us. You have a gift of making us feel as we are there with you. I have never swam with the stingrays but after seeing your pictures it is on my list for our next visit to CG. It is refreshing to see how much you and your dad enjoy traveling together. May God bless you with many more cruise vacations together.

Thank you so much for recommending SunShine Scooters in Key West. After reading your review last night, I called this morning and made our reservation for a 2 seat electric car when we visit Key West in April. I am so happy I found your review....we will get to see so much more of Key West now!

OH that's awesome.....I'm so glad you booked with them. When you go you will meet Tommy Lee...he is the shuttle driver. Tell him Rick and Brianna say Hello. He will remember us....he is awesome

Thank you for taking your time to share your trip with all of us. You have a gift of making us feel as we are there with you. I have never swam with the stingrays but after seeing your pictures it is on my list for our next visit to CG. It is refreshing to see how much you and your dad enjoy traveling together. May God bless you with many more cruise vacations together.

It is so much fun to do a photo review because it allows me to re-live my vacation and share it with everyone.

Swimming with Stingrays is so much fun. At first everyone is so scared of them but they are so docile.

I know I have said it before but my Dad is my best friend and my cruising buddy. There is no other person I would rather go with :D

Thank-You so much for your kind words about my dad and I. That really made my day

I love that boat with the steps down into the water. So much easier. Thanks for posting.

It was very convenient.....you definitely don't have to worry about climbing a ladder to get back into the boat. I can't say enough good things about that excursion

For our pics at Stingray City....I used my Nikon S30 Underwater Camera. It was my first real time of using it underwater to capture images of fish and stingrays. It worked wonderful and I was able to get some awesome pictures underwater of the stingrays. It is so nice having an underwater digital camera to use

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013031_zpseea2b789.jpg

They will tell you that if you kiss a Stingray....you will have 7 years of good luck

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013032_zps6ca8740e.jpg

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013033_zpsd64bb97b.jpg

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013036_zps9d921b94.jpg

Awesome Underwater Pics

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013037_zpsc4689805.jpg

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013060_zps1409d9d0.jpg

Don't Eat the Squid Dad.....it's for the Stingray :D

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013063_zpsabf8ff74.jpg

A little baby stingray.....our guide told us that there are stingrays at Stingray City ranging in age from 6 months to 60 years

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013074_zps05c79131.jpg

StingrayCity-GrandCaymanMarch62013076_zps488d53a1.jpg

Dad and our Guide. We were in the water with the Stingrays for about an hour. I could have stayed all day....it is so much fun out there

On the boat there are restrooms. I changed into dry clothes on our way back to the dock so that when we returned we could decide what else we were going to do for the day

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida290_zps3f25dbd7.jpg

When we returned from the excursion I wanted to get a cab or shuttle and go to Hell to go to the Post Office and little Souvenir Shop but that didn't work out. A lady in charge of dispatching taxis wanted to charge us $50.00 per person for a ride to Hell :mad: WHAT???? She said it was going to be $50.00 per person because we didn't want the full tour that took in the Turtle Farm, Hell, Dolphin Encounter, and Island Tour.

By this time my dad and I were upset. I told him to forget it so we went to the Green Parrot Bar in the Royal Watler Terminal area and had a drink instead

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida300_zps6bdc80a1.jpg

Green Parrot Bar....not quite like the one in Key West but the drinks were good

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida301_zps4906dc21.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida303_zps811d0c16.jpg

Miami Vice.....it was soooooo good

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida304_zps6b9cdfd3.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida306_zpsf93dff1c.jpg

I love this picture. My dad and I decided to head back to the ship around 2:00 pm. It was a good time to head back because the line to get back on the ship was short so we didn't have to wait for a tender

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida308_zpsa77ab024.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida309_zps461a1fa6.jpg

It was a busy day in Grand Cayman for cruise ships....there were 6 ships in port.

• Carnival Freedom
  • Carnival Paradise
  • Celebrity Reflection
  • MSC Poesia
  • Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas
  • Holland America Westerdam

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida313_zps82723a88.jpg

Carnival Paradise

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida316_zps2269c1a1.jpg

Would you look at how beautiful that water is......

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida317_zpsafac9345.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida319_zps395b9c49.jpg

The longer you waited to head back....the longer the line got for the tender ride back to the ship

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida324_zps556bd685.jpg

Underwater Submarine

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida329_zps41c114ef.jpg

CruiseontheCarnivalFreedomandaFewDaysinFlorida328_zps7a271acb.jpg

These were the tenders that MSC Poesia were using....they were using their lifeboats. They looked like they were gonna take on water because the water was all up the front of the boat