SUN SE Aft Penthouse

punkincc

What are the differences if any in the SE aft corner penthouses on the Sun?

I know the ones on 10 have the garden cafe above, and the ones on 8 are above the Theatre.

Any significant differences in room size or balcony size or anything else I should consider?

Hi Brenda! Awesome, looks like your starting to plan another cruise. When we were on the Star we had an SE Aft facing balcony with a wrap around balcony. I am not sure if the Sun has any of these wrap around balaconies, but its worth checking into. The balcony is much bigger and you get the view from the side as well as the aft area. Enjoy your planning. -Eileen :)

Thanks, Camz. I don't know if the balconies could be considered truly a wrapped balcony, but they ARE in the aft corners.

It looks like the cabins may be configured slightly differently depending on the floor. Also wondered if any of the balconies were deeper or more or less covered.

I have sailed in them on both port and starboard on decks 8 and 9. No differences that I could see, except that port and starboard suites are mirror images of each other. Deck 9 seems to be the best for quiet, as its sandwiched between cabin floors, but the evenng noise didn't bother us - it was the shuddering noise when pulling into port that was loud... I suppose if you have an early bedtime, the noise from the theater might be loud...

Robin

Deck 9 probably best. We were in an aft mini on 10 and got 5-10 minutes of chair scrapping in the a.m. around 6 a.m., a bit of soot a couple days, and some pelican poop (YMMV by port) since they would grab food from the Great Outdoors above. If you were on 10 in one of the corner afts you'd probably get less or no chair scraping since you are farther off on the fringe.

We just upgraded ourselves from aft mini suite to SE aft corner penthouse for $181 total with taxes for 2 people.

I had checked the price of our aft mini today and it had gone up, but the SE penthouse had gone down quite a bit. So I had my TA call and they offered to upgrade us for about $90 pp. We are past final payment.

We took deck 9, by the way. It seemed the safest choice.

We just upgraded ourselves from aft mini suite to SE aft corner penthouse for $181 total with taxes for 2 people.

I had checked the price of our aft mini today and it had gone up, but the SE penthouse had gone down quite a bit. So I had my TA call and they offered to upgrade us for about $90 pp. We are past final payment.

We took deck 9, by the way. It seemed the safest choice.

You chose well . ;)

3 times aft Sun SE. Thats our favorite (9276) when Donna's not using it of course...:D

Archived