Help! Infinity Panama Canal Laundry Question

katmich12

My husband and I will be on the Infinity in April. Very confused about "stuffing a bag with laundry" at a fixed price. I talked to Celebrity and it appears there is no set rule on this offer. This is our second Celebrity cruise so we have no special status. Having this laundry offer would help us in planning what to pack. Anyone been on the same cruise lately? Thanks!!

Hello katmich12: We have been through the Panama Canal three times. The first time was on the now departed (but fondly remembered) Mercury in 2008 to be followed by a pair of B2B cruises on the Infinity in April 2012.

Since we are elite we don't pay much attention to the "stuff a bag" laundry specials offered to all passengers. On the B2B canal cruises on the Infinity I realized it had been some time since I had seen such an offer. The offer I am referencing is a separate coupon from the Captain's Club coupon offers and is generally delivered during the evening turn-down service. It was a surprise to find the "stuff a bag" coupon challenge on the Century last October. In fact, it was offered twice during a fifteen day cruise. So I guess I am saying that I believe the information provided to you was correct.

Hope you enjoy the Panama Canal. My father-in-law was a US Air Force officer, and he was stationed at Albrook AFB in the 1960s. My husband has the fondest memories of the Canal Zone with the interesting bugs, interesting snakes and the rusting equipment from the canal construction in the jungle. My now departed (but remembered with the fondest of memories) mother-in-law would say that she remembered the poisonous bugs, the poisonous snakes and dangerous rusting equipment.

Did a 15 night cruise on the Century through the Panama Canal in December.

I packed clothes for 8 days. I did laundry three times, twice with the "fill the bag" promotion . The other time I paid per article. all came back nicely folded and whe I did it by article, the pants and blouses were nicely pressed and on hangers.

I wear cotton and linen mostly. I would wear my linen pants more than once for the evening. Other times I would wear capris for dinner and wear the same pants for the port day excursion.

Wore lots of shorts and went through shirts because it was hot and humid.

On sea day I lived in my swimsuits(brought two) and two nice coverups for the whole day.

Have a great cruise.

Did a 15 night cruise on the Century through the Panama Canal in December.

I packed clothes for 8 days. I did laundry three times, twice with the "fill the bag" promotion . The other time I paid per article. all came back nicely folded and whe I did it by article, the pants and blouses were nicely pressed and on hangers.

I wear cotton and linen mostly. I would wear my linen pants more than once for the evening. Other times I would wear capris for dinner and wear the same pants for the port day excursion.

Wore lots of shorts and went through shirts because it was hot and humid.

On sea day I lived in my swimsuits(brought two) and two nice coverups for the whole day.

Have a great cruise.

-----------------------------------------------

Regarding sending cotton and linen clothing out for laundering: my cotton and linen clothing say "cold water only." Did Celebrity wash your cotton and linen clothes in cold water? I'm afraid of shrinkage. Thank you.

Everything came back without shrinkage. I buy most of my linens from Talbots and J.Jill.

I do know that Celebrity washes passengers clothes separate from the ship laundry. You could write on slip to wash in cold water if you like.

I too use cold water at home and line dry my linens and then iron them with starch.

I love the laundry service on Celebrity.

What is the price for the stuff a bag promotion? Is it $25?

It used to be $20-25 on on our past PC cruises, but on our last one in Sept. 2012 the "stuff a bag" was $40. Everyone was commenting that it might have been the same price or cheaper to pay by article at that price. We are Elite, so we didn't need to use that particular promotion, but we saw the flyer.

I was on a Panama Canal cruise last October. It was very humid. Clothes were soaked after an excursion.

I packed woolite for sink laundry of socks and underwear. I utilized the ships laundry service for everything else.

My husband and I will be on the Infinity in April. Very confused about "stuffing a bag with laundry" at a fixed price. I talked to Celebrity and it appears there is no set rule on this offer. This is our second Celebrity cruise so we have no special status. Having this laundry offer would help us in planning what to pack. Anyone been on the same cruise lately? Thanks!!

I have been on the Infinity many times. In fact I am going on that ship 4/16. To answer your question, there is no set amount. It is as it says, as many clothes as you can stuff in the bag (without ripping it). The bad thing is, it is a paper bag and not very strong. I hope that answers your question.

I have been on the Infinity many times. In fact I am going on that ship 4/16. To answer your question, there is no set amount. It is as it says, as many clothes as you can stuff in the bag (without ripping it). The bad thing is, it is a paper bag and not very strong. I hope that answers your question.

In looking at the stacks of clothes that are piling up, I will be grateful for an opportunity to have some things washed during the cruise. Seems like you are saying we can expect this to happen. Thanks for your answer!

Archived