door decorations

We've been planning our door decorations for our upcoming cruise for a while now and hope they turn out better this time than our last attempt, lol. Our cabins are right next to the elevator so we are doing them for fun and not to help find our doors :) I am just hoping that they are personalized enough that no one steals them. I have created individual door signs with fun clip art and our names on them that will be printed onto 8x11 magnetic sheets. We also found a ton of great colorful signs at Party City to put on the doors. Hoping the magnetic tape we have will work well for them. Also found some easter magnetic decorations at the dollar store (embarking on easter sunday).

Untitled.jpg.b74a93b08f325d1e80f77f8637f30d98.jpg

We enjoy decorating, but have also been victims of door gremlins. We had stuff, with our name on it, stolen by the time we got back from muster drill :mad:

I don't know if it helps, but we now decorate after we've set sail, hoping the transient traffic in the hallway is a bit less. I don't tend to cruise times/ships with a lot of kids on the ship, but so far so good, nothing else has walked away.

beautiful.thing: really like your door design

Thanks. I did personalized ones for all of the cabins in our group by varying the clip art pics. I printed them out last night on the Avery magnetic sheets and they came out great. I hope the kids leave them alone. Then again, we probably have the most likely young troublemakers within our own group so maybe ours will be safe :rolleyes:

We originally wanted to do T-shirts for the group but never quite got a design together.

Hi, we have not cruised in 5 years, but always enjoyed making door decorations. Do people still do this? Thanks!:)

While many people prefer not do to it because they have their reasons but not doing it we always do and love doing.

Archived