Royal Caribbean email problem

Does anyone else have a problem getting emails (specifically promotional) from RCL? Every day I get email advertisements from just about every cruise line except RCL. I don't even get C&A emails. The only emails I receive are from "documention" concerning my current invoices.

I have spoken to customer service, reps on board, and emailed the marketing department twice and gotten no results. I have checked the box for emails online as well.

It seems everyone complains about getting too many emails and I can't get any.....any advice?

Also it is not a spam issue because I get numerous other emails.

Does anyone else have a problem getting emails (specifically promotional) from RCL? Every day I get email advertisements from just about every cruise line except RCL. I don't even get C&A emails. The only emails I receive are from "documention" concerning my current invoices.

I have spoken to customer service, reps on board, and emailed the marketing department twice and gotten no results. I have checked the box for emails online as well.

It seems everyone complains about getting too many emails and I can't get any.....any advice?

Email has been spotty for me too. My wife gets many more emails from Royal than I do, which I don't understand because we have exactly the same spam settings.

I use to get them all the time with someone else s name on them (a person I had cruised with once), when I called to change that I stopped getting them all together and I've called and emailed also to no avail.

It may be my email though, I had this problem with a change password email (I never received [from Jetblue]), while on the phone with the rep she asked for an alternate email and voila i got it immediately and others too.

Your post got me to thinking so I changed my email on Royal and I want to see if that works...

I use to get the weekly sales email from Royal but a couple of months ago they stopped and I started to get the Celebrity weekly sales email (never sailed with them or signed up for it). Very odd. Also with the cruises I've been on I would think I would warrant receiving the cruise catalogue every year but I don't get them. The previous owners of the house though received it and that is how I get it since they didn't forward it to their new address.

I never get them - and haven't for years, despite providing my email multiple times and multiple ways.

I know that when this was discussed years ago (and it has been a problem for several yeas) it was determined that a majority of the people who didn't receive them were on some form of yahoo account (my main account is sbcglobal.net). People with gmail didn't report any issues. So a few years ago I set up a gmail account to get them, and did for awhile, and even then stopped getting them in the last year.

Perhaps the same thing is happening to you.

I never get them - and haven't for years, despite providing my email multiple times and multiple ways.

I know that when this was discussed years ago (and it has been a problem for several yeas) it was determined that a majority of the people who didn't receive them were on some form of yahoo account (my main account is sbcglobal.net). People with gmail didn't report any issues. So a few years ago I set up a gmail account to get them, and did for awhile, and even then stopped getting them in the last year.

Yeah it was my yahoo account that hasn't been receiving emails (from other sites too)...I created a gmail account hat has worked for other sites so I'm going to see if it works for Royal...I may have to go back to my roadrunner account.:confused:

Yes, we've had the same problem for years. It's a Time Warner Roadrunner account, not yahoo. It's rather funny as this is the one promotional email that I DO want to get. I'm told that RCI has 3 different computer systems that do not interface 1) website, 2) booking/reservations and 3) promotional (not sure if the 3rd one is correct as I was given this info years ago). Princess systems are linked and "remembers" past history, passport numbers, etc.

On gmail here but rarely get anything.

We get wonderful itineraries in the mail from Princess for the West Coast though.....very very tempting.:):)

Sure wish RCL had some of these great cruise offers, round trip cruises too!!!

I use AOL and RCI is the only one I have problems with like this.

Also use a gmail account and have called Celebrity (shoreside reps and the Captain's Club rep) and emailed them countless times. The same for RCI. I get nada from either. Plenty from HAL (never cruised w/ them), NCL (cruise once w/ the 12 years ago), and lots from Princess (I cruise with them often but not as often as Celebrity).

One rep I spoke with said they are aware this has been an ongoing problem for some folks and they have no idea why.

Others w/ gmail get the RCI/X emails. I don't understand how it could be a website glitch on their side and yet some people w/ the same email providers get the advertisements and others don't. Weird.

I wound up just asking a friend to forward all Celebrity/RCI emails he gets. And he gets plenty, even though he's a new-ish cruiser.

I get the emails specific to the cruise I have booked but none of the others. Then again, I signed up at Cruise Critic for the newsletter and I don't get that often either. Notice of CC sales, all the time, but no newsletter.

Archived