Cove Balcony v Spa Balcony

bibbysnow

I've done several spa balconies. They are only different in that they are in a non-smoking area. Being that as it may, there still is no guarantee that you won't smell smoke from balconies below, it just won't be quite as intense. The spa cabins also offer the spa package free.

I feel we've experienced Carnival cruises enough that we are happy with other cruise lines now but I still have not satisfied my curiosity in having a cove balcony and we will, one day, cruise Carnival again to have that experience. The whole idea of having a balcony so close to the water still excites me.

The spa deck is closer to most activities but that also means being closer to a lot more people. Serenity is closer, as well. You have two very good choices.

if you think you'll be using the spa often I vote for spa balcony - I would if I was cruising sans kids - their spa is great - i thought it was better than the one they had on Disney Dream. However, that said, I did love our cove balcony. I liked having that extra "shelf" space for my drinks, food plate, book, etc. - not to mention the close proximity to the water. The location was also nice when at ports since you're only one level away from the gangway. IMO you can't go wrong either way.

first of all, never been on a Cove Balcony, have one booked for our cruise in 2 months on the dream. I've had "normal" balconies in the past and just real quick comparison that I've read over the months in looking at our upcoming cruise is:

1) Since a cove is set in and below the lifeboats it is naturally shaded and a lot cooler. Normal Balconies are open/exposed and admittedly can get warm/hot if you are facing the sun, and almost at times unusable. Depends on ship position, moving etc...

2) Are you a smoker? I am not, and can't stand smoking, spa balconies I believe you CAN NOT smoke on which is a huge plus.

3) Access to spa area's other don't or have to pay extra on.

4) Cove is lower, theoretically less movement of the ship will be felt should you or anyone in your party are prone to motion sickness.

5) Spa deck is closer to the pools, activities etc.... Plus I believe the higher decks get to disembark on the last day a little bit quicker, I maybe wrong though.

6) If you have a cove under the galley (some are, some are not), you will hear carts from the galley being thundered about, so there is some noise issues.

Off the top of my head that is what I can think of. Typically Coves are booked because of the value but like real estate location, location, location.

Personally, if it were just me and the wife going I would definately upgrade to a Spa Cabin. But we are travelling with our 3 kids and have connecting cove cabins and they wouldn't use the spa area so during these sales the past week or so we've elected OBC versus Upgrade because it fits our family.

Hope this helps, good luck.

I personally strongly prefer a spa balcony as it's non-smoking and it's high enough to have some privacy. Unilike those balconies on deck 6 through 9 on Dream class. I don't use for the spa myself except the t-pool but the girlfriend uses everything.

Coves get great reviews. The downside of coves to me is, they feel too enclosed and some people claim they trap smoke smells. And when the weather is bad they get closed up so you can't use them. But if none of the above is a dealbreaker to you personally, I would say go try a cove because they are unique to this class of ships. Many people like them so I am in the minority here.

BTW, I have a spa balcony booked on Breeze. My friends will have a cove. The difference in price is about $400 total after the latest round of price slash. If we buy the spa package separately it would cost more than $400 for two.

I personally strongly prefer a spa balcony as it's non-smoking and it's high enough to have some privacy. Unilike those balconies on deck 6 through 9 on Dream class. I don't use for the spa myself except the t-pool but the girlfriend uses everything.

Coves get great reviews. The downside of coves to me is, they feel too enclosed and some people claim they trap smoke smells. And when the weather is bad they get closed up so you can't use them. But if none of the above is a dealbreaker to you personally, I would say go try a cove because they are unique to this class of ships. Many people like them so I am in the minority here.

BTW, I have a spa balcony booked on Breeze. My friends will have a cove. The difference in price is about $400 total after the latest round of price slash. If we buy the spa package separately it would cost more than $400 for two.

· Week Pass for 7-day cruise: $149 per guest / $249 per couple

We are trying a Spa Suite/Balcony for the first time this fall. We'll be without the boys and are avid spa/treatment customers. While I am a cigar smoker --- I have no problem with enjoying out under the stars (upper decks) from time to time. We can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived