Taxi cost from ship to Dawn Beach?

Looking at taking the family to Dawn Beach for the day. Kids are 9 and 5 years old. What might the cost be r/t in a taxi? Are there any other transportation options? One more thing, are there eating establishments around Dawn Beach?

Taxi from the pier to Dawn Beach should run $10-$15 each way. There is a pretty good beach restaurant - Mr. Busby's - where you can rent beach chairs and umbrellas. There is a decent pizzeria next to Busby's, and an excellent restaurant on a pier just across the street, plus a small grocery where you can pick up snacks. Finally, there is a good casual restaurant on a deck at the Oyster Bay Beach Resort, at the north end of Dawn Beach, which is open to the public. While not as large as Orient Beach, Dawn Beach offers a lot more. --- unless you want to look at overweight, middle-aged naked Europeans; but then, to each his own.

• 1 month later...
Is it easy to get a taxi back from Dawn beach?

No problem. If you know what time you will want to leave, ask the driver who took you there to be back by then. Otherwise, when you want to leave there may be a taxi there (the small parking lot at Mr. Busby's) or you can ask at mr. Busby's or the pizza place to have them call a taxi for you -- they are happy to - you might have to wait five or ten minutes at most for the taxi to come.

Looking at taking the family to Dawn Beach for the day. Kids are 9 and 5 years old. What might the cost be r/t in a taxi? Are there any other transportation options? One more thing, are there eating establishments around Dawn Beach?

Do you have your heart set on Dawn Beach? It's fine for adults but for a child of 5 years old it would not be a beach that I would recommend. This beach often has rougher surf than I would recommend for children.

If you are trying to avoid the French side beaches do to the chance of topless beach goers then I understand but would in that case I would recommend Little Bay. If a French side beach is a possibility, then I would recommend Le Galion as it is shallow, calm and lovely.

Archived