NCC question

Sass4

I finally got my NCC, it was sent to the wrong email address...

Now I want to avoid what happened to me last cruise.

I booked with my fav travel agency, but at the time of booking I had to pay the deposit required, which irked me. Then they had me send in my ncc and I got that money off the price of the cruise.

What I should of done and what I am asking is..do I book with RCCL using the NCC and then later transfer my booking to my fav TA?

Is there any time limit I have to do this in?

I booked with my fav travel agency, but at the time of booking I had to pay the deposit required, which irked me. Then they had me send in my ncc and I got that money off the price of the cruise.

What I should of done and what I am asking is..do I book with RCCL using the NCC and then later transfer my booking to my fav TA?

Just have your TA book the cruise using the NCC. That is what I do.

Have seen this thread Significant changes to NCC's

Just have your TA book the cruise using the NCC. That is what I do.

Same here.

The TA can book using the NC only if the NC is already assigned to that TA.

So if a NC is not owned by a TA, there are 2 options:

1) Book the cruise directly with Royal using the NC, and then transfer the booking to the TA.

2) Transfer the NC to the TA and have the TA book the cruise.

1) Book the cruise directly with Royal using the NC, and then transfer the booking to the TA.

And I think this is where I went into my problem with my last cruise.

I didn't designate who my TA was and that is why I had to pay the deposit on top of the NCC>

Ty!

And I think this is where I went into my problem with my last cruise.

I didn't designate who my TA was and that is why I had to pay the deposit on top of the NCC>

Ty!

When you create a NC on board, it shouldn't make any difference if you have a TA or not. The deposit is $100pp. Once you convert to a specific cruise the deposit will not change and no further money is due until final payment. The only time the deposit will incease at that time of conversion is when you book a GS or above, they you will pay a full suite deposit which will be doubled.

THE TA wouldn't take the ncc she said I had to pay the $500 deposit right then and there. She said I had to fax over the ncc and then she would apply it.

I booked a balcony.

I don't understand this either, unless the TA wanted to put you in a group. I believe a booking put into a group requires a full deposit.

The TA listed on the NCC is the one that booked the cruise you are on, unless you ask that it be changed. So, when I bought the NCC on the Enchantment the NCC had my regular agent's name on it. When I bought the NCC on the Navigator I had to specify which agency I wanted on the NCC. So both NCCs have my regular agent's name on it. And I'll simply have my regular agent book my next cruise (likely mid or late 2014) using my NCC.

The TA listed on the NCC is the one that booked the cruise you are on, unless you ask that it be changed. So, when I bought the NCC on the Enchantment the NCC had my regular agent's name on it. When I bought the NCC on the Navigator I had to specify which agency I wanted on the NCC. So both NCCs have my regular agent's name on it. And I'll simply have my regular agent book my next cruise (likely mid or late 2014) using my NCC.

I agree, that's the easiest way if one regularly uses a TA. That's what I do now.

I used to purchase NCCs and not assign them to a TA. I would call Royal to book a cruise, and then transfer it to the TA before final payment. When Royal changed the rules and put a time limit on the TA transfer, I decided that it was not worth the extra hassle to transfer, just to keep the booking myself for 60 days.

Archived