Cape Town

kassiopi

We are sailing with QM2 to Cape Town next January and intend to spend a few days there before flying home. Can anyone recommend a hotel & what is the name of the area where the ship docks.

I was in Cape Town last year after a cruise and stayed at the Victoria and Alfred at the water front and it was and ideal hotel and very nice. I would stay there again if I was going there.

Chez

The QM2 docks at an industrial dock that is close to the V & A by sea but is probably a 5 km drive around to get there.

On the WC segment to Cape Town you have an overnight on board before disembarking. Cunard will offer a shuttle bus service to the V & A that day. On disembarkartion day you'll have to take a taxi from the ship and there can be line-ups for those.

If you are spending a few days in Cape Town I would suggest you rent a car so you can drive around and see the sights, down to the Cape, out to the winelands, etc. I would also suggest you consider a B & B to stay. TripAdvisor has reviews of many of them and if you see one with good reviews you can just Google and go to its site.

B & B's are a way to meet South African hosts and other guests in an attractive environment. B & B's were prohibited under apartheid so most of them are 15 years or less in age and many of them were purpose built. They are a very attractive way to enjoy a beautiful country.

Hi, we are from Cape Town and the previous posts have suggested good Hotels in the Waterfront. I will add too The Raddison Blu Hotel which is next to the Waterfront. To see Cape Town, I would suggest you hire a car and travel around the peninsular as well as the winelands.

I come from Cape Town and I would personally recommend the Cullinan hotel which is very close to the harbor.

The Cullinan is one of Cape Town's most well known and respected hotels.

You should even be able to see the QM2 from the 13th floor of the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived