What I Learned by Calling Carnival

DISNEY1975

[quote name='Waycoolrob']Well over an hour for us the other night... But we got a $400.00 OBC so really cant complain a whole lot[/quote]

What did you say to them to get that? They out right refused me and told me that they weren't allowed to give on board credit. I went to the 2nd supervisor level.

[quote name='browneyedwoman']What did you say to them to get that? They out right refused me and told me that they weren't allowed to give on board credit. I went to the 2nd supervisor level.[/quote]

Are you booked early saver or past guest ( I see, on your signature, youve sailed CCL previously )? If so, try again with another rep. The sale has been extended. Good Luck! :)

i heard the whole thing for 3 hours the other night, when i got a live person i told the rep i knew that she was extremely busy and it was not her fault.

But i could name the who thing off also and that i wanted the job as i had rehearsed it very well and thought i could pass the audition with no problems. :D The rep laughed but was amazed that i held on for 3 hours and thanked me for not being upset with her. They have a tough job when the sale is a good sale.

[quote name='Seago2']Silly Q: why are you all not just booking on line?[/quote]

I wasnt calling to book. My question was a little complicated and I wanted to talk to someone before the sale ended. If I had known it would be extended, might have been a different story, but I am VERY glad I stuck it out! ;)

[quote name='srlafleur']This thread made me very happy to have a TA who did the on-hold for me. (and thereby fully earned her commission!) We got a total price drop of $900+ just by sending an email.
[I]Finally, [/I]a good reason to use a travel agent instead of booking direct! :D
I don't know it I could tolerate a 3 hour wait! My luck, I'd have to pee and that's when I'd be picked up![/QUOTE]
Hahaa!! I am a rookie TA, and I spent over 3 hours on hold with CCL. Not sure I would have done it for myself, but I persevered! LoL!

The first time was for 20 minutes. When the rep picked up, I inadvertantly hit the End Call button instead of the Speaker button. Grrrr....A classic case of operator (me) error.

So now I'm starting alllll over again. Sigh...

So I guess what I learned was that I shouldn't operate a cell phone when I'm on hold with Carnival!

Silc

[quote name='Silc']
So I guess what I learned was that I shouldn't operate a cell phone when I'm on hold with Carnival!

Silc[/quote]

Fun Fact: When calling Carnival, you should not get lazy by using the speaker feature on your phone. Hold that phone right up to your ear at all times, for hours. You will have plenty of phone free, relaxing time when you are aboard a Carnival cruise ship!

[quote name='DISNEY1975']Fun Fact: When calling Carnival, you should not get lazy by using the speaker feature on your phone. Hold that phone right up to your ear at all times, for hours. You will have plenty of phone free, relaxing time when you are aboard a Carnival cruise ship![/quote]

Wish I had had it before I disconnected the call:D ...hold time...45 minutes and counting!

Silc

Or 1 hour and 20 minutes if you count my disconnecting the call the first time fiasco, but in the end, I was able to upgrade from an interior cabin on the Main deck, to an oceanview cabin on the same deck for less than I paid for the original interior. I'm a hapy girl! Now keep those sales coming!

Silc

[quote name='DISNEY1975']Are you booked early saver or past guest ( I see, on your signature, youve sailed CCL previously )? If so, try again with another rep. The sale has been extended. Good Luck! :)[/quote]

We booked on an exotic western sale. We got something in the mail from a PVP that said we'd get a two category upgrade. We are past guests but I don't know if that's our rate. We definitely are not early saver. We booked around the very beginning of the Triumph fiasco.

We sail at the end of April 2013. I already called twice and waited for over an hour each time. They wanted to upgrade us which we don't want. I would like on board credit for the difference between what we paid and what it would cost someone to book our room today which is about $90.

We already have an 8D balcony that we chose. They wanted to upgrade us to the spa deck to a room that I think was near the huge TV which I think would be a lesser room. I'm still disappointed in Carnival's business practices.

I think they should have a trivia contest on all ships with these questions and give us all OBC for getting 100 percent of them right.

forgot to mention I have improved my computer games skills while waiting

[quote name='dotheyes']I think they should have a trivia contest on all ships with these questions and give us all OBC for getting 100 percent of them right.

forgot to mention I have improved my computer games skills while waiting[/quote]

Which Carnival ship has 5D - 15 minute short films?

What does the "taste bar" consist of? !!

:D

I guess this is why I use a PVP. I call the 1-800 number, enter his extension and he answers. One day he had been reassigned to a different job, but he left the extension of another PVP, so I called him and he answered. 5 minutes on the phone and I was done.

[quote name='GPop&Nana']And yep - neither one of us can hum while holding our nose - he's tried a few times, apparently he thinks if he practices he'll get it in the end:confused:.

[/quote]

LOL! I caught my hubby trying yesterday! He thought he was alone in the living room! I came around the corner to see him pinching his nose! "HA, What are you doing?" He just started laughing. He knew I knew what he was doing!!

[quote name='DISNEY1975']I called Carnival tonight and learned a few things. Thought would share this important info with all of you...

The mascot of the Blue Iguana Cantina is not a yellow parrot.

24 Hour room service can be ordered at any time.

Doing the limbo backwards while sailing forward makes you go nowhere and somewhere at the same time.

A unicorn can not be found in your stateroom.

There are 479ish ways to splash someone.

You do not need a bathing suit with pockets on a Carnival cruise.

You can no hum while holding your nose.

You can not fins a straight face at Punchliners (and do not eat because bad things happen when youre eating and laughing)

BDFF = Best Dolphin Friend Forever

VIFP does not = Very Intellegent Funky Parrot

If thinking of Guys Burgers does not make you hungry, you must be a vegetarian.

Philosotherapy is fun to do and say (but not spell--I just added that one myself)

Playing blackjack is as easy as counting to 21.

The Dutch and French share the small space in the world. Thats makes them the Drench or the Futch.

Stress reduction leads to better tan lines.

And last, but not least. Fun is for both children and parents, as long as parents pay something to the Camps.

:D[/quote]

HAHA love it! Try calling at night. I called at 1am central last night and got a person right away. Had to call back again at 12 and was on hold for 45 min.

Very cute post!
I called today, heard the same message "Wait times up to 90 minutes.... call back next week" which made me laugh because I was calling to get the "Friends and family" rate, so, no way I was going to call back next week.... then right away someone answered! I'm sure she knew I was surprised because I said "Hello???" as if in complete disbelief!
Don't give up, you might catch a break like I did.

Archived