What I Learned by Calling Carnival

DISNEY1975

I called Carnival tonight and learned a few things. Thought would share this important info with all of you...

The mascot of the Blue Iguana Cantina is not a yellow parrot.

24 Hour room service can be ordered at any time.

Doing the limbo backwards while sailing forward makes you go nowhere and somewhere at the same time.

A unicorn can not be found in your stateroom.

There are 479ish ways to splash someone.

You do not need a bathing suit with pockets on a Carnival cruise.

You can no hum while holding your nose.

You can not fins a straight face at Punchliners (and do not eat because bad things happen when youre eating and laughing)

BDFF = Best Dolphin Friend Forever

VIFP does not = Very Intellegent Funky Parrot

If thinking of Guys Burgers does not make you hungry, you must be a vegetarian.

Philosotherapy is fun to do and say (but not spell--I just added that one myself)

Playing blackjack is as easy as counting to 21.

The Dutch and French share the small space in the world. Thats makes them the Drench or the Futch.

Stress reduction leads to better tan lines.

And last, but not least. Fun is for both children and parents, as long as parents pay something to the Camps.

:D

I called at 6pm EST. Got through in about 20 minutes. The rep took my info and place me on hold. Then I was disconnected. I called back immediately and have been on hold ever since (2 hours).

Im still on hold..keeping myself entertained by reading threads, posting, and playing FB games!

Funny I learned all those things also today. I got thru in about a minute I was soooo excited. Of course i pushed the button that said do you want to book a cabin instead of already booked --but I got thru. I was however on hold for 3 very long times, but everything was resolved to my satisfaction and I bet to two or three others as well while on hold with me! haha ;)

I called Carnival tonight and learned a few things. Thought would share this important info with all of you...

Doing the limbo backwards while sailing forward makes you go nowhere and somewhere at the same time.

You can not fins a straight face at Punchliners (and do not eat because bad things happen when youre eating and laughing)

If thinking of Guys Burgers does not make you hungry, you must be a vegetarian.

Philosotherapy is fun to do and say (but not spell--I just added that one myself)

The Dutch and French share the small space in the world. Thats makes them the Drench or the Futch.

And last, but not least. Fun is for both children and parents, as long as parents pay something to the Camps.

I tried calling earlier today and got the recording that Carnival is experiencing long wait times of 90 minutes. They suggest to call back next week if the issue isn't critical.

I don't imagine they're telling this to customers looking to book a new cruise. I was calling to check on an existing booking. (price drop)

This is hilarious. I was on hold for 30 minutes - but it took my rep an hour to take care of me - but I was able to upgrade with an Instant Saver rate. The rep I spoke to was beyond helpful and professional. She did say there were over 100 people on hold at that time (around 3:00pm EST).

best thread ever award.

I learned this all as well on Monday as I called to book a cruise. 1st rep didn't have a clue how to find the room I wanted, so I hung up and called back, got another clueless rep (seriously, Riveria is a deck) but not sure either rep knew this. I hung up again.

Needless to say, Disney Cruise Line had no problem helping me book a cruise on Tuesday.

After 5 cruises with Carnival and all the red flags going up, its time to try a new line.

I called at 6pm EST. Got through in about 20 minutes. The rep took my info and place me on hold. Then I was disconnected. I called back immediately and have been on hold ever since (2 hours).

Im still on hold..keeping myself entertained by reading threads, posting, and playing FB games!

Wow, that is really weird. Same exact thing happened to me. She was just getting ready to confirm my upgrade and boom, disconnected. Now here I sit on hold. LOL

If thinking of Guys Burgers does not make you hungry, you must be a vegetarian. Or a ROBOT!!!:D

I remembered that one because I'm no vegetarian so apparently I'm a robot. When I look at pictures of those burgers all that grease makes me nauseous :D

Archived