Salt Room on Breakaway

purrcycat

I am also curious, my doctor says it is supposed to be detox for your system. I also want to know if it is free for spa suite. It takes up a lot of the front of the ship so I wonder I it will be like the ice rink on epic and fade away. It is a big thing in Europe I am looking forward to spending at least a 1/2 at a time there

I am also curious, my doctor says it is supposed to be detox for your system. I also want to know if it is free for spa suite. It takes up a lot of the front of the ship so I wonder I it will be like the ice rink on epic and fade away. It is a big thing in Europe I am looking forward to spending at least a 1/2 at a time there

Where was the ice rink on the Epic...I can not even imagine..

Where was the ice rink on the Epic...I can not even imagine..

They would put it together on half of the sports court.

icerinkepic_zps506711b6.jpg

I think the salt room will just be one part of the spa area - not as much as it is showing on some deck plans. The artist rendering makes it look like it will only seat 6-8 people. I think people will want to try it out, so I doubt it will fade away quickly. Here's the artist rendering from NCL:

f55b5a9e-c5e8-4a28-b50d-fe73399f2ebe_zpsb95ca381.jpg?t=1364014352

Anyone have any idea how much they will be charging for Salt Room access? Or will this be part of the spa pass? Also, do you use it only one time or many times? Any information would be appreciated. However, I am guessing we will have to stay tunned as more Breakaway news develops. :D

Does anyone know how the salt room affects blood pressure?

9. They say salt is bad for your health. Why is it good to breathe?

Over consumption of salt is linked to high blood pressure, which can increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes. However, during salt therapy you are breathing the dry saline aerosol into your respiratory system, not ingesting it into your digestion tract. Furthermore, the amount of salt you are breathing in is so minimal that even if you were to eat that quantity, it would not pose a health risk.

So....who knows? It's not been scientifically studied, but has been around a long time.

So....who knows? It's not been scientifically studied, but has been around a long time.

There was a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine that found that patients with cystic fibrosis had improved lung function after salt therapy.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa043900

Maggie

We're up for giving it a try (as long as the fee isn't ridiculous). We usually do a much needed Spa day! Can't wait. 53 days until our cruise!

Please be so kind as to report back regarding your Salt Room experiences. :D

We're up for giving it a try (as long as the fee isn't ridiculous). We usually do a much needed Spa day! Can't wait. 53 days until our cruise!

Lucky you! I am going to give it a try as well, but our cruise isn't until October. Yes, please report back! I can't wait to hear all about the ship and the Salt Room.:D

Anyone have any idea how much they will be charging for Salt Room access? Or will this be part of the spa pass? Also, do you use it only one time or many times? Any information would be appreciated. However, I am guessing we will have to stay tunned as more Breakaway news develops. :D

Not sure if this will be helpful but I received a Groupon offer yesterday for Salt Room therapy in the NY/NJ area that were selling at less than 50% of their retail cost, they offered one visit (one hour) for $25 that normally retailed for $59. Assuming the ship will add whatever % they usually do for "spa like" services I would guess $75-$95! Just speculation of course.

Not sure if this will be helpful but I received a Groupon offer yesterday for Salt Room therapy in the NY/NJ area that were selling at less than 50% of their retail cost, they offered one visit (one hour) for $25 that normally retailed for $59. Assuming the ship will add whatever % they usually do for "spa like" services I would guess $75-$95! Just speculation of course.

Thank You! I didn't even know about these Salt Rooms until this post so all information is appreciated. I was wondering how long a visit in the salt room would last and I see it is an hour. Thanks again. :)

I was on the phone with NCL so I asked them about the salt room. The rep. couldn't find much on it so she couldn't tell me for sure but she did find something that said, "within the walls of the thermal spa suite, guests can enjoy the salt room..." The rep said that based on that sentence she'd assume that the salt room is part of the thermal spa suite, and, therefore, part of the spa pass, but she couldn't say for certain yet.

Archived