Cozumel: Mr. Sancho's or Nachi Cocom?

mindy.le

When you go to where all the taxis are that take you to Mr Santos or the other beach clubs,have any of you had any luck in finding another couple to help pay for the taxi?

Seems a shame for people to go two by two in taxi if you can share the price with someone.

We've had luck with our roll call and a couple of times by just announcing our destination in the taxi line and pairing up with others heading to the same place.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm never absolutely sure if we're going to do any activity when it comes down to it so we like to just wing it. anyone know if cruising late November if you must reserve a cabana online or will there be some available the day we walk up? We're going to be there on Dec 1 this year. Thanks.

I just got back from visiting Mr. Sanchos this past week in Cozumel. This was my 5th visit in the last 2 years.

I probably would not go back again. They have a horrible aggressive bee/ wasp problem all over their beach lounger and table/ umbrella area. The bees were flying around and landing on people without having food or drink near them. Several people around me were stung, including my mom. Thank goodness no one had any allergies to the stings.

Also, while the all-inclusive is fantastic for some, it is not worth it for my family. There is no way that I would be able to drink/ eat $55 per person worth of food and drink ( or anyone in my family) as we only order max 1 beer or 1 soda per person and an appetizer to share ( we come right after breakfast on the ship).

One of things I loved about Mr. Sanchos was that if you opted for the free " a la carte" entrance option, you could grab a table anywhere and order a beer or soda per person and an appetizier to share, and have a great inexpensive hour or two at the beach. Also, if you ordered anything, you used to be provided with the wifi password.

Now, if you don't buy the all-inclusive package, you can only sit in a small roped off area of tables, you can only swim in the area they tell you to on the beach, and you are no longer are eligible to get the wifi password, even if your table spends $40 on drinks and food. The roped off area for the " a la carte" guests got packed very quickly and soon there were no more tables available or anywhere to sit for anyone who was ordering " a la carte."

I can not comment on the pool or changing facilities or any water sports/ water toys as we do not use them.

Mind you, these are my opinions and your experience may vary from mine.

We enjoyed many a trip there and the beach is certainly lovely, but next time, we will be finding another beach option in Cozumel that fits our needs as " pay as you go/ a la carte" guests better.

Edited by CocoCandy

• 2 weeks later...

We were just at Nachi Cocom last week. AWESOME!!

First time there and we will be back! Grabbed a cab directly off the Navigator of the Seas and it was $17 one way for two people. Prices are listed on the sign at the cab pick up.

Upon arrival, they take your picture with hats at the entrance and come around later to sell you the picture. It was $12. Other than someone coming over to see if we were interested in massage or water sports, no one else approached us.

Limited to 100 people a day, I would guess there was only about 50-60 the day we were there. The only other ship in port was Carnival Dream.

We had a palapas with four lounges just for the two of us. One for wet, one for dry lounging! Clean, clear beautiful beach to enjoy. Lunch was delicious the drinks were plentiful! Spent most of the day on the beach and about an hour in the pool which was busier. Swim up bar and lots of loungers. We will DEFINITELY be back!