How many bottle of liquor per person in St. Thomas?

JOANN226

you can bring back 4 1-liter bottles per person, per trip.
Correct, and one more liter, making five total, so long as one of them is a product of an insular possession on the US.

Just wondering how many bottles per person can you buy in St. Thomas or Puerto Rico, making a list, your help would be appreciated.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Duty_Free_Allowance.aspx

Duty-Free Allowance: Ship itineraries that include any of the U.S. Virgin Islands: St. Thomas; St. Croix; St. John.

$1200 (retail) of duty-free purchases per person may be spent.

Note: of the $1200, no more than $600 can be purchased outside the U.S. Virgin Islands or on board.

5 liters of alcohol per person (21 years or older).

Note: 1 liter of alcohol must be a product of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

5 cartons of cigarettes containing 200 cigarettes each (18 years or older). Note: 4 cartons of cigarettes must be purchased in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

100 non-Cuban cigars (18 years or older).

St MArten has cartons for 9 bucks. THat was th cheapest port I ever seen them sell for. But we warned taht they do not carry a lot of brands. But we were able to find pall mells as we walked further away from the piers. Wacth coz sometimes the smokes you are buying are class "B"

I was able to get Doral's for $6.95 a Carton in St. Thomas. At the big place accross the street from Havensight. Prices cheaper there than in Havensight and not that long of a walk. They were cheaper on everything Cigs, Liquor, Clothes, Jewelry. I can't remember the name , but you can't miss it it's just accross the street, has a big handicapped ramp going accross the front of it. My wife is in a wheelchair, we were in and out in no time with our 10 Cartons of Cigarettes and they deliver the Liquor to the Ship. Only place I've ever seen other than Major Brand, cigarettes. GOOD LUCK and ENJOY !!!! :cool:

Do the kids get a liquor allowance that we can take? We will have a 10 and a 12 year old with us, and I realize they can't buy or possess the liquor, but do they have an allowance that we (the ones with the adult ages) can use for customs purposes?

Do the kids get a liquor allowance that we can take? We will have a 10 and a 12 year old with us, and I realize they can't buy or possess the liquor, but do they have an allowance that we (the ones with the adult ages) can use for customs purposes?
No. 21 and older get the duty-free allowance.

Coming back from our Miracle cruise, we were "supposed" to only be allowed 1 liter each and have to pay customs on extra. The custom officials told us that if we had less than 5 liters per person, we didn't have to pay anything and to go on. If I had known that, I would have bought more!!

June

I've brought back 151 proof back from Puerto Rico, no problem. Also, another tip for liqour prices in St. Thomas is to shop at the local K-Mart :D . I understand they have the best prices.

then you were lucky- coz it is against the law to fly with 150proof.

K-mart's not the cheapest. We bought some liquor there last year and it was cheaper right near the dock. Also, look for multiple bottle specials. We bought 3 one liter bottles of Kaluha for $27. St. Marteen had the best deal, Absolut for $5.95 for a one liter bottle.

K-mart's not the cheapest. We bought some liquor there last year and it was cheaper right near the dock. Also, look for multiple bottle specials. We bought 3 one liter bottles of Kaluha for $27. St. Marteen had the best deal, Absolut for $5.95 for a one liter bottle.

It really depends on when you go and what you are buying.. At times Kmart has better prices then A.H Rise

Archived