??? Credit Card ???

Loviecld

I only have one credit card with a 300.00 limit. Do they check for CC Limits?

Of course I will pay the rest in cash but i didnt want to get on a second line at the start of the crusie to pay all cash. Another option for me would be to use my moms Amex. No limits. Dont you have to show the card when you hand the documents in? If thats true, i go first, hand in the card, then give the card to mom? WIll that work? Thanks

I only have one credit card with a 300.00 limit. Do they check for CC Limits?

Of course I will pay the rest in cash but i didnt want to get on a second line at the start of the crusie to pay all cash. Another option for me would be to use my moms Amex. No limits. Dont you have to show the card when you hand the documents in? If thats true, i go first, hand in the card, then give the card to mom? WIll that work? Thanks

They will hold $250 pp on the credit card. If it's just you, then no problem. You can just go to the purser's desk and put cash on your Sail & Sign. Seems to me that it would just be easier to have your mom's AmEx linked to your Sail & Sign. Then you can just give your mom the cash.

Yes, they do check you credit card for available funds. And yes, you do have to show the credit card.

Actually there are couple options. Probably for you the easiest would be to use your mom's card if you are traveling with her. If you will both be checking in at the same time you can go to the same agent and she can link that card to both your accounts. Your charges would show on her account under your sail and sign folio account. Then you could just pay her the cash as you spend it or put the cash on your account anytime the purser's desk is not busy. The other option is to use your card, They do not do all the authorizations at embarkation and if yours does not authorize they will just send a note to your cabin to put cash on your account or you could then put your mom's credit card on it. The other option is to tell them you want to open a cash account but you do not have to go right away to apply the cash. You can wait a while until the lines at the pursers desk goes down. I once had a passenger with a family group of about 25 and she put all their accounts on her credit card. I would hate to have her bill! Have a great cruise! Cindy

Yes, the cruiselines will check the credit limit. Once you get to the limit you will be sent a note in your cabin that the funds are now limited and you have the option of putting money down into your account. Remember the first day you get on the ship your accoutn will be charged 10 bucks per day for your tips. This is all at once and not taken our daily.

Yes whatever card you give you will have to show them to verify that it exists/

I thought the deposit taken from a credit card was $400 for a 7 day cruise. I would use your Mom's card....too close for comfort either way to mess with on your vacation. I also remember people having problems with them taking a "hold" for a deposit at the beginning of the cruise and then a daily "hold" as well. This would add up to more than the expected $400 or $250 or whatever it is. All of the charges fall off, but I wouldn't want to be close on a limit and have a hassle.

Archived