Does Carnival realize that people compare what sale deals they got on cruise critic?

browneyedwoman

Does Carnival realize or care that people here talk about and compare deals with this "sale" that they have? It doesn't seem like they are being fair across the board.

Nope. They are NOT fair. They cancelled 10 more sailings on Triumph, and then JACKED the prices up on Magic. Our only other choice for Carnival out of Galveston. So now, we are forced to a hundreds of bucks more to keep our hard earned vacations. And you know what they can do with their 15% off offer to re-book. We lost our ON BOARD CREDITS, our Early Saver rate codes, our pre-cruise hotel promo rates, and some of our group can't afford to go now. :mad:

WAY TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS, CARNIVAL.:mad:

I think I have an upcoming interview by Skype with CNN!:mad:

I think more people at Carnival reads these boards then most of you realize. I was talking to a PVP a couple of weeks ago. I mentioned to her that she was so helpful that I couldn't wait to mention the great customer service I received on a cruise chat room I belong to. She asked me if it was "Cruise Critic?" . I told her yes how did whe know and she said "we love CC here at Carnival. Which tells me that some of our posts might be discussed around their water coolers.

And I wonder just how many of their employees are also members here.

Hey, Carnival. IF you are reading this,....YOU SCREWED US!!!!

Nope. They are NOT fair. They cancelled 10 more sailings on Triumph, and then JACKED the prices up on Magic. Our only other choice for Carnival out of Galveston. So now, we are forced to a hundreds of bucks more to keep our hard earned vacations. And you know what they can do with their 15% off offer to re-book. We lost our ON BOARD CREDITS, our Early Saver rate codes, our pre-cruise hotel promo rates, and some of our group can't afford to go now. :mad:

WAY TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS, CARNIVAL.:mad:

I think I have an upcoming interview by Skype with CNN!:mad:

Wow, really? You going to post this on every thread on CC? I can understand you are upset with Carnival. I would be most likely if I were in your shoes, but seriously posting on every thread isn't going to resolve your issues.

I once had an issue with a large company and I searched Google and got not only the phone number to the CEO of the company but his email address, along with most of the Board of Directors information as well.

From the emails people posted and from what Carnival had posted on their site and on the Carnival FB page. Everyone who's cruise was canceled were getting 25% off not 15%. Did they short you on your discount? If they did, then I would be burning up the internet getting the contact info for the people I would want to speak to and not just the call center people, not posting the same rant on every thread on a chat forum.

Does Carnival realize or care that people here talk about and compare deals with this "sale" that they have? It doesn't seem like they are being fair across the board.

I'm sure they do.

Just like they know this place is used for all the Carnival (and all the other lines) "cheats".

Which makes them have to work a little harder to get your money out of your wallet and into theirs.

Wow, really? You going to post this on every thread on CC? I can understand you are upset with Carnival.

I would be most likely if I were in your shoes, but seriously posting on every thread isn't going to resolve your issues.

Easy and effortless way to get your message across

is to think carefully about the brief but concise message you put in your signature blocks

both here at Cruisecritic, and on your computer's emailer application as well.

Every time you make a post on CC, and every time you send out an email

the message in both those signature blocks automatically get broadcast as well.

Easy and effortless way to get your message across

is to think carefully about the brief but concise message you put in your signature blocks

both here at Cruisecritic, and on your computer's emailer application as well.

Every time you make a post on CC, and every time you send out an email

the message in both those signature blocks automatically get broadcast as well.

*Like*

Now on topic, yes Carnival is aware that people discuss their cruise rates, drops, OBC etc on here and other cruise forums and to their family, friends, co-workers etc.

Do they care that people compare rates? Probably not. The rules of supply and demand dictate rates on cruises, airline flights and hotels.

I work at a hotel where I live and people call 3 days before wanting to come in and then ask why their friend or family member got the same room for less. When I explain that the rate the other person got was because they booked their room 3 months earlier and we had more rooms to sell it seems to stump them a bit.

I still hope that I can get the same kind of OBC that some people post they get. Will I get mad if I don't? No. So far, I haven't been so lucky. Last year got $80 and so far this year got $80. I am happy that I got that much :) it pays for a night for my DH and I to eat at the steakhouse.

It's just really annoying when people here all say that they called in and got OBC from this "sale" and when I call in I don't get anything.

Life goes on... Move on and don't let it ruin your life. You bought a cruise and were happy at the time... Prices change all the time. relax

Wow, really? You going to post this on every thread on CC? I can understand you are upset with Carnival. I would be most likely if I were in your shoes, but seriously posting on every thread isn't going to resolve your issues.

I once had an issue with a large company and I searched Google and got not only the phone number to the CEO of the company but his email address, along with most of the Board of Directors information as well.

From the emails people posted and from what Carnival had posted on their site and on the Carnival FB page. Everyone who's cruise was canceled were getting 25% off not 15%. Did they short you on your discount? If they did, then I would be burning up the internet getting the contact info for the people I would want to speak to and not just the call center people, not posting the same rant on every thread on a chat forum.

First of all, I have not posted on EVERY thread! I post my situation on threads that apply to my family's experience, and that is my right. Is it not? To prove that you don't really know what you are talking about,...only people that re-book on a 4 or 5 day cruise, get 25% off. If you re-book on a 6 or 7 night cruise, you only get 15% off.

Furthermore, I have Gerry Cahill's email address, John Heald's Facebook page and Carnival's Facebook page. I also have the e-mail address to Carnival's customer support department. I wrote them all a letter. I got one reply from customer support offering to place me on a waitlist for a different cabin. I'm not asking for a free upgrade. Honestly this is too much stress. I want my mom to get her family cruise, or I would ask for a refund, and go to a resort somewhere quiet. In 22 years of dealing with cruise lines, I have NEVER endured anything quite like this. :confused::(

Archived