Fantasy Daysail Was Fantastic!

travelinfool

We just came back from our cruise and in St. Thomas we did a day sail on the Fantasy with Captain Brian and mate Pam. It was definately the best day of our vacation and we can't wait to come back next year to go again!!

Capt. Brian was prompt at 9:30 to shuttle us to the boat, where we were greeted by Pam with a beautiful tray of Banana nut bread and sliced apples, as she explained the itinerary for the day. The sailing was exhiliarating and the bloody mary's were as great as they advertised and flowed freely! We moored in the most beautiful place I have ever seen, Hawksnest cove, and Pam explained the use of the snorkel gear. We used the floats that made it so easy and a real no-brainer for us novices! and even my elderly parents were able to float around and see the fish!

Upon our return, Capt. Brian had prepared us the most sumptous lunch: Creamy Caribbean chicken on rice with a beautiful salad and french bread, and wonderful cookies for dessert. More than enough for us hearty eaters! and Pam's famous rum punches were a huge hit!!

Then we moored at another cove with a beautiful beach and we swam with the turtles and rays as promised! The beach was lined with palm trees and had the softest sand that my toes had ever touched!

Time flew by and we were sad to have to leave our new friends, but promised to keep in touch and Pam would send us Brian's recipe for the chicken.

They only take six people so sign up early so you don't miss out!! You won't regret it!! A beautiful day with lovely people!!

Http://www.daysailfantasy.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be sailing on the Fantasy next week. I have one question. How did you handle tipping? Since both Brian and Pam are owners did you tip them? I have no problem with tipping but was just wondering if it's appropriate. I know on other charters the captain usually lets the guests know that the mate is the one to tip.

Thanks for the review on the Fantasy. We have her booked for the July 18th sailing of the Paradise. Just wondering about how you handled the tip, since The captain and mate are both owners.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked Fantasy for 11/26, the day after Thanksgiving! After reading all the positives about this daysail, I emailed Pam to see if they were available for my date. She sent me a response within a few hours and ended up calling me so I could book!! What a sweetheart. We had a nice chat and we are REALLY looking forward to this excursion. I've been to Megan's Beach and on Capt. Nautica's twice - the sailing sounds so awesome and I love the idea of a small group on the boat!!! I can't wait!

My kids and I were on the Fantasy last week. It was the best shore excursion yet (I guess it wasn't really a "shore excursion" since we were on boat)!! Pam and Brian are great and will give you an awsome day on the water. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is that $120 per person or couple? Is it an all day trip or do you have time for shopping? I think we'll be in port from 7am to 5 pm. Thanks for any info!

Also one more question. Did you get to feed the turtles or just look at them? Thanks again! I love feeding things!

How were the seas? You are talking to a regular barfer here LOL! I'm planning on wearing a patch, but I'm not sure how my 5 yr. old will fare......

I've been in email contact with Pam and she sounds very very nice! We will most likely be booking for 12/1....just wondering if my son will be ok or not.....any thoughts?

After reading through the various threads for St Thomas, I decided I wanted to give daysailing a try for our cruise in October. I was concerned that I couldn’t find a good daysail this close to our sail date.

My first choice was the Winiford, but that boat will be out of the water for maintenance on our date, so I called and the Fantasy was available. Captain Pam is such a delightful person to talk to. I told her that I hadn’t talked to the family yet about a daysail and I hoped that the Fantasy would still be available in a day or two, should we decide to go. Pam told me to book anyway, as I can cancel up to 48 hours prior to sailing without penalty. Also, if the ship diverts or comes in on another day due to weather, there is no charge. I figured I couldn’t lose, so I booked it and the family is quite excited about it. The cost is $120 per person, $110 if paid in cash. Traveler’s checks are not accepted.

Shortly after I booked, Pam sent me an e-mail, confirming the date and times, number of passengers and the price, explaining the cancellation policy and providing instructions for taking a cab to their location. She also included a list of suggested items to bring.

This sounds like a really class act and we are looking forward to our daysail on the Fantasy.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Joyride,

We’re looking forward to this excursion on October 7. So far, St. Thomas has dodged the big hurricanes and Princess has had to change some itineraries due to the storms, but it’s looking good for late next week. Look for my review after we return home on October 14.

Jim

Don't forget to post when you get back. Tell Pam & Brian hello from the folks they will meet the day after Thanksgiving. I can't explain why - but I am SO excited about this one.

I hope your trip is awesome! Bon Voyage!

• 2 weeks later...

Joyride,

We were on the Fantasy on October 7 as scheduled and it was everything that I hoped it would be. Rather than go into lengthy detail, just refer to the original post of this thread which just about says it all. The only differences were that we did not get the banana bread and sliced apples, but we got champagne with lunch, perhaps because it was my birthday.

The weather was great, the seas were smooth and the wind was barely enough to move us along. In fact, Captain Brian had to use the engine a few times to keep on schedule. Be sure to use plenty of sunscreen as my wife and I were both sunburned, despite liberal applications of No. 45 sunscreen.

You have every reason to be excited about this. Pam and Brian are so nice and accommodating. I hope you have great weather in November.

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Archived