No pen, bar soap, and conditioner in the stateroom?

goeva

Are the dispensers in the shower flush inside the wall, where only your cabin steward can open them to refill? Or are they like the ones you find at a gym, hanging on the wall with a lid anyone can open to use the dispenser as a spitoon (or worse)? When I heard that NCL had those bins of liquid in each cabin the first thing I thought was how can they meet the cruise industry sanitation standards and not be a breeding ground for disease unless emptied and sterilized between each sailing. But as NCL has a better record preventing GI outbreaks than many other lines, I had best just be quiet (knock on wood :rolleyes:)...

Are the dispensers in the shower flush inside the wall, where only your cabin steward can open them to refill? Or are they like the ones you find at a gym, hanging on the wall with a lid anyone can open to use the dispenser as a spitoon (or worse)? When I heard that NCL had those bins of liquid in each cabin the first thing I thought was how can they meet the cruise industry sanitation standards and not be a breeding ground for disease unless emptied and sterilized between each sailing. But as NCL has a better record preventing GI outbreaks than many other lines, I had best just be quiet (knock on wood :rolleyes:)...

They protrude from the wall, but I don't know if the lids were locked. This is the Epic

388-vi.jpg?1364092235

how is it not sanitary with having soap dispensers in the shower?:confused:

Seems to me that a freshly unwrapped bar of soap would be a lot more sanitary than liquid soap from a dispenser that the stranger who had your stateroom the week before was placing his hands against the nozzle of after lathering up their nether regions.

:confused: What about for the SINK in the bathroom?

It's been a while since we've cruised on NCL ... but we did have unwrapped bar soap to use at the sink on SS Norway.

Yes, know things change so why I'm asking. :confused:

LuLu

~~~

Seems to me that a freshly unwrapped bar of soap would be a lot more sanitary than liquid soap from a dispenser that the stranger who had your stateroom the week before was placing his hands against the nozzle of after lathering up their nether regions.

Paranoid lately? For some reason all of the things I have ever thought people may try to tamper with, soap is the last thing.

hi

i bring Lysol and spray the door knobs faucets telephone etc

I was a germaphobe as a pre-teen... to the point of needing therapy. That was 30 years ago. Reading some of these posts, I may develop the problem again :p

Okay seriously...that is what the washcloth is for! No need for it to touch the soap dispenser.

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

By the way I had a pen in my cabin ... but you can always pick one up at the Service Desk, they had a couple of cups of them by the suggestion box.

Oh dear, I thought I was asking a legit question as to whether liquid soap dispensers in stateroom baths actually met maritime santiation standards. But if this thread ended up providing a chuckle to your Saturday night, happy to oblige.

Rest assured that as I will be bouncing between hotels and ships for a month and a half I will definitely be toting my favorite bar of bath soap in its own plastic container which I will dutifully scrub clean every day just in case the room steward should touch it while attending to my bathroom.

And yes, I did think of the public bathroom issue as soon as I made my earlier post. Every cruise ship I have sailed in the last few years has printed in their daily schedule a plea to make use of your stateroom facilities rather than the public ones on the ship whenever possible. So who's paraniod now? (If NCL does not issue this daily reminder, good on them; goes back to my earlier observation that they have a better record preventing outbreaks than the competition).

Archived