Medicines

Croozer101

My husband takes many kinds of meds and keeps the pills in a weekly pill keeper . Can he take this onboard or does he have to have the bottles w the original labels on them ?

My DH takes his weekly pill box.

Any narcotics, we keep in the original bottle with the scrip on it.

He's never been questioned about any of them.

Same here.

We've taken 12 cruises and 11 flights to cruises and we have never been questioned about the meds.

Very good idea. I have always assumed we would be back to port on time, but with all the goings on , I am taking your advice..

+1 on no problems using the daily pill box. Only other comment I would make is that you should consider taking an extra few days of the meds just in case your trip is extended due to problems.

They always say it is a good idea to have the original bottles with the prescription on it, I have NEVER been asked for this but you never know... It might be worth just bringing them also in case something happens with a delay, it would be good to have the bottle in hand

My husband takes many kinds of meds and keeps the pills in a weekly pill keeper . Can he take this onboard or does he have to have the bottles w the original labels on them ?

My husband TAKES lots of medicine. I always put it in the weekly pill keepers. But I take a list of the medicines with a pill description. I always take an extra week of medicine anytime we travel. Never just the amount we need. Have never had an issue with cruise or flying. If we took all the bottles it would take a small suitcase.

I take my weekly pill keeper, but always take my pills in the original container. I assume I'll be back on time, but like to have at least a week more with me...JUST in case! If my scrip is due to run out too cluse to my return, I'll get a vacation waiver and refill it. It's a pain to carry the bottles, but I'd rather be safe (and have a regular heartbeat!).

For sure take any narcotics in the perscription bottle with your name, dose, etc.

Occassionally they will have the drug dogs sniff carry ons and packed luggage. Not often, but I know it occurs. No worries if it is in regular container.

Everything else is fine to go in generic pill box.

Have a great time!!

technically you are supposed to have medicines in bottles with the scripts on them when you are coming back through customs. They may not check and all.. but I would rather be safe than sorry.

It sucks carrying all those big bottles that come from the 90 day supply mail orders.. I hate Caremark for that reason. Huge bottle and pills don't even take up 1/4 of the bottle!

Unless your meds are controlled substances (i.e. narcotics) you should be fine using weekly pill boxes.

TSA does not require that meds be in the original prescription bottles so I can't see how the cruise terminal security could object.

Technically, customs could demand a prescription on reentry to the US but I've never, ever, been asked any questions about meds. It's not what they're looking for. Also, by that point you are back on US soil and worst case you could probably replace the meds.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/67/kw/prescription%20medication

It sucks carrying all those big bottles that come from the 90 day supply mail orders.. I hate Caremark for that reason. Huge bottle and pills don't even take up 1/4 of the bottle!

We have the pharmacy give us a second small bottle with label for each of of prescriptions

We have the pharmacy give us a second small bottle with label for each of of prescriptions

Tried that and the person looked at me like I was crazy for asking. You would think CVS/Caremark being the same company could so that... But they won't.

Tried that and the person looked at me like I was crazy for asking. You would think CVS/Caremark being the same company could so that... But they won't.

My husband gets a lot of his medicine for the VA and the rest from CVS?Caremark either way it is a PAIN to get smaller bottles with labels.

Not to hijack this thread but my wife had a pretty sizable blood clot a few months ago ( DVT) and the doctors have had her on blood thinners ( injections 1 x day). Since we are sailing in exactly 2 months on The Splendor it is possible she will still be required to be on the blood thinners. I assume that this would not be an issue if she brought the box of syringes with the script labeling? I am wondering what to do with the used syringes though ( She normally puts them in a empty detergent container and when the container is full we can drop them off at a medical waste facility)

Not to hijack this thread but my wife had a pretty sizable blood clot a few months ago ( DVT) and the doctors have had her on blood thinners ( injections 1 x day). Since we are sailing in exactly 2 months on The Splendor it is possible she will still be required to be on the blood thinners. I assume that this would not be an issue if she brought the box of syringes with the script labeling? I am wondering what to do with the used syringes though ( She normally puts them in a empty detergent container and when the container is full we can drop them off at a medical waste facility)

I believe you can request the box to dispose of them properly. I can't for the life if me remember what the box is called. I know royal provided it for someone I was traveling with.

It's a sharps container.

Archived