Inn at the Harbor Stepps or Waterfront Marriott?

Hi we booked the Inn At The Harbor Steps for a 2 day pre cruise stay in Seattle. Now Hubby would like to stay at the Waterfront Marriott across from the cruise ship dock. I am looking for any info on the hotels from anyone who has stayed at them. Please help. Thank you.

Have never stayed at either but both look very nice from outside. The Inn at Harbor Steps is surrounded by really nice restaurants, but the red light district is only a couple of blocks away. The Waterfront Marriott is a lot closer to the cruise ship, just right across the street, but there's less restaurants/shops around there.

Have never stayed at either but both look very nice from outside. The Inn at Harbor Steps is surrounded by really nice restaurants, but the red light district is only a couple of blocks away. The Waterfront Marriott is a lot closer to the cruise ship, just right across the street, but there's less restaurants/shops around there.

Hello Fellow Washington Folks:

I have never stayed at either hotel, but I have been in both, our company does business with both and have had people stay at both. The Harbour Steps is like an apartment setting, the rooms are very nice and the property is in a great location. Someone on a different thread said that they even provide parking while there are on the cruise?? not sure, but it is worth a call?? They have a workout room and a pool.

The Waterfront Marriott is a new property that is only one year old. The rooms are nice and it is on the water. It is located an elevator ride from the Pike Place Market and they too have a workout room and a pool.

I don't think you would go wrong with either property.

• 3 weeks later...

I stayed at the Marriott last year. It's a nice 3 star hotel, has a outdoor pool & Todd English's "Fish Club". It walking distance to both Pike Market & Alaskan Way/Waterfront. It's across the street from the pier that HAL doesn't use.

There a great bay view, The ships look so close you can almost touch them. (A Canadian Naval ship was docked there & I had my binoculors... woo hoo....). Marriott also has great car service. Instead of cabs, there's a limo out there & the doorman will get you a car & quote a price on the spot. ... much better than a cab.

Have fun

We have stayed at the Marriott Waterfront a couple of times pre-cruise. Love this hotel and its location. Central to pier, shops, resturants, and Pikes Market. We try to get a view room when ever possible so we can see the ships come and go. We also enjoy walking down to the pier on Alaskan Way and seeing the ships leave Seattle. The last time I checked, the Marriott Waterfront was offering some kind of cruise package. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived