Shareholder OBC for Last Minute Cruise

tricky1

I booked a last minute cruise last Saturday for a 3/27 departure. I scanned the page of my stock report with the CCL info, emailed it to my fabulous CVP at Princess, he filled out the form and sent it to Investor Relations, and when I checked 3 days later (before I left for FL), it was already there! My experiences with that dept. have been great!

I think that the person means that in Canada we have books of 6 stamps that state "United States" stamps. They are called US stamps. What they are in reality are stamps that are in $1.10 denomination which is the amount of postage required for mail to the US. In reality one can put any number of stamps on a letter as long as it adds up to $1.10 cdn. Domestic stamps do not have a denomination on them and are good indefinitely so generally to mail a letter to the US, a trip to get a "US stamp" is required.

Thank you so much. I hope it was some kind of "translation" problem and it was.

Today I've learned something!

For those that don't understand I rarely mail letters or need stamps so it means a trip to the post office. There is no place that you don't have to stand in line in Calgary so it usually means about 15 minutes out of my day to get a simple task done. I'm out of the house for work for 11 hours a day. I really don't need any more special tasks.

Not a prayer, not a chance. :(

The instructions say "at least two weeks" before sailing. Based on what others' experiences have been, I would amend that to "at least 14 business days before sailing."

You can submit it but I would be astonished if it were approved in time. My last two cruises, I submitted the form two months before sailing and both times, the credit was confirmed. But when I boarded, it wasn't there. Thankfully, I had copies of my fax and documents with me.

The shareholder benefit department isn't nearly as efficient as when Liza was managing it.

Hi Pam,

I received an email confirmation that the Stockholder OBC had been applied to my April cruise. Is the email sufficient proof if it's not on my account on embarkation day, or does the Purser want to see the actual stockbroker statement I faxed them ? Also is there anything in the personalizer that shows this credit, like where they show the FCC's applied to bookings ?

As always, thanks.

Hi Pam,

I received an email confirmation that the Stockholder OBC had been applied to my April cruise. Is the email sufficient proof if it's not on my account on embarkation day, or does the Purser want to see the actual stockbroker statement I faxed them ? Also is there anything in the personalizer that shows this credit, like where they show the FCC's applied to bookings ?

As always, thanks.

The email confirmation is sufficient. If you have booked with Princess directly, the credit shows in the balance section of your personalizer. With a TA it never shows. Not to worry. You have your email.

BTW, I just booked a cruise for 4/20 an hour ago and called the shareholder line. She said to send brokerage statement and call her right back. I did. Within seconds I had my confirmation email too.

The email confirmation is sufficient. If you have booked with Princess directly, the credit shows in the balance section of your personalizer. With a TA it never shows. Not to worry. You have your email.

BTW, I just booked a cruise for 4/20 an hour ago and called the shareholder line. She said to send brokerage statement and call her right back. I did. Within seconds I had my confirmation email too.

Thanks Pia,

I'll print out and take the email confirmation.

I booked a last minute cruise last Saturday for a 3/27 departure. I scanned the page of my stock report with the CCL info, emailed it to my fabulous CVP at Princess, he filled out the form and sent it to Investor Relations, and when I checked 3 days later (before I left for FL), it was already there! My experiences with that dept. have been great!

What is a "CVP"?

Is the email sufficient proof if it's not on my account on embarkation day

Sometimes all the OBC is not posted on the onboard account for a day or two. If you do not see it the first day, the Purser's desk can tell you if they have not done all the posting of OBC yet.

Is this CVP anybody you speak to when booking a cruise or is this a special person you have to ask for or get assigned to and if so how do you get one?

Not everyone you could speak with when calling 1-800-Princess is a CVP.

Just ask the person who answers to be connected with one. Once you use one, the CVP (sometimes called a Personal Vacation Planner) will give you his/her extension number so you can contact him/her directly in the future.

Edited by caribill

I called Booking Support and was told the OBC has been allowed and that it may never show in the cruise personalizer. The rep sent me an email. Hopefully it all shows up in our onboard account. For this current cruise there is OBC from using future cruise credits, some associated with the booking and the shareholder benefit. What Im wondering, as a shareholder,is why the system is going backwards in efficiency, in the use of technology and customer service?

• 1 year later...

Bumping an old thread here - but just wanted to provide an update about my experience with the lightning fast service.

I booked my May 2, 2014 1-day cruise yesterday April 22, 2014 and faxed in my Shareholders Benefits form at 6:00pm Pacific Time. This morning, April 23, 2014 at 8:00am I noticed that the $50 Shareholder OBC had already showed up on Cruise Personalizer! $29 fare, $50 OBC - wow!

Edited by A.Emgee

A fax, with a follow-up call the next day, giving fax number, date and time sent, has never failed for me! Wonderful service...however, that doesn't mean things haven't changed in the last six months.