Noisy adults in the Solarium?

clayb

In the (early) mornings, you will probably be surrounded by lots of towels on chairs... :rolleyes:

Oh my! I just had a revelation. Next time I want to use the Solarium and have some peace and quiet I'll just go to all those "saved" chairs with towels on them out in the big pool areas, gather all of them up and then put them on all the chairs in the Solarium. Voila! Peace and quiet in the Solarium. ;):D

FALSE. The loud talker is obeying the rules, thus, your opinion of her volume is irrelevant.

You can't be serious:rolleyes:

Show me those rules please.....

Goody, so let me know next time you cruise and I'll sit next to you and yell, okay? Thanks!

You can't be serious:rolleyes:

Show me those rules please.....

Goody, so let me know next time you cruise and I'll sit next to you and yell, okay? Thanks!

The rules are easy to find on Royal Caribbean's website. Just search for the Guest Conduct Policy. I'm afraid you won't find anything in there prohibiting talking too loud in the Solarium.

I think if you're looking for loud, party atmosphere the place to be is the main pool deck. That's where all the games, competitions, bands, etc are.

I think some posters are so hung up on their "right to do whatever they want on vacation" that they forget they are not the only ones with rights or on vacation.

While I agree that some posters and cruisers in general are hung up on their "rights", in return some are too stubborn to move on when the situation isn't what they had in mind when they thought "solarium". Some people don't want to compete with the games and competitions at the main pool and prefer to have their own conversations with their friends and family. Should they be yelling and being obnoxious? Of course not, but one mans obnoxious is another mans "spirited discussion". Its all subjective.

To the OP, your questioning the peace and quiet of the solarium was a valid complaint...however, nobody can expect to stuff a tile room full of people and add a bar and expect anything but the unexpected.

The rules are easy to find on Royal Caribbean's website. Just search for the Guest Conduct Policy. I'm afraid you won't find anything in there prohibiting talking too loud in the Solarium.

OMG, that's not what I said. Show me where it says being loud is the rule. That's what I was addressing. Reading comprehension is your friend.

OMG, that's not what I said. Show me where it says being loud is the rule. That's what I was addressing. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Reading comprehension, then, is obviously not your forte' either, because you apparently misinterpreted someone else as meaning that talking loud was required (rather than what they really meant, that it was not prohibited). Reading comprehension is your friend. :p

Reading comprehension, then, is obviously not your forte' either, because you apparently misinterpreted someone else as meaning that talking loud was required (rather than what they really meant, that it was not prohibited). Reading comprehension is your friend. :p

What does this say? Below is what the poster said. I never said it was required, did I???? Hmmm? How is someone talking loudly or YELLING, following any rule?

"FALSE. The loud talker is obeying the rules, thus, your opinion of her volume is irrelevant."

That says the loud talker was following the rules. I love those defending someone yelling. I'mso sure you'd feel the same way if they were sitting next to you yelling.

This is ridiculous. Rude is rude is rude and yelling across a room anywhere is rude.

Like I said, it requires a little reading comprehension.

But, even in your anal retentive reading of it, "the loud talker is obeying the rules" does not really imply that talking loud is a rule. What if they had said, "the person in the hot tub is obeying the rules"? Would that imply that there is a rule about being in the hot tub? Nope. Reading comprehension is your friend. It only meant that there was no rule against talking loudly. So, barring any other evidence that the person was violating some rule, they were obeying the rules.

Glad I could help you learn something today. :)

That says the loud talker was following the rules. I love those defending someone yelling. I'mso sure you'd feel the same way if they were sitting next to you yelling.

This is ridiculous. Rude is rude is rude and yelling across a room anywhere is rude.

Dude, if they were sitting next to me yelling I would move. People need to take care of themselves instead of waiting to get home to complain....if its cold, get a sweater. if the food sucks, don't eat there. if its loud, go someplace quiet.

"loud talker"....what are we on Seinfeld? LOL :p

you cruise critic people crack me up. I'm glad I'll never have to meet any of you!

Just back from the Oasis. Big ship. Crowded, noisy, crap food - but GREAT entertainment. We won't do big again, but it was an experience.

And as far as noise goes, you won't find a quiet spot on a big ship-at least not during spring break. Our cabin was quiet, though, and often our balcony was too.

If you're not a regular on CC, let me assure you that there ARE nice, considerate, helpful people on cruises. Not everyone is snarky like the people here. Oh, and folks, don't bother responding to my note - I won't read it. ;)

Another pot calling the kettle black. As to the subject at hand, of course the solarium is an unofficial quiet zone. That's why I don't hang there. I can understand the OP's dismay. To be honest, the few times I've been there only because the wife likes it, you could hear a pin drop.

Like I said, it requires a little reading comprehension.

But, even in your anal retentive reading of it, "the loud talker is obeying the rules" does not really imply that talking loud is a rule. What if they had said, "the person in the hot tub is obeying the rules"? Would that imply that there is a rule about being in the hot tub? Nope. Reading comprehension is your friend. It only meant that there was no rule against talking loudly. So, barring any other evidence that the person was violating some rule, they were obeying the rules.

Glad I could help you learn something today. :)

You sound like a lawyer, because only a lawyer would come up with what you did from the wording. What you taught me is that you're arrogant.

The individual I was referring to was OBNOXIOUS. I think you understand that word

BTW, as for the poster who called me "dude". Don't do that. I am most definitely not a dude and that is so disrespectful. Also, if you read my posts, I never said the person was yelling in my ear, just making a point to those that think yelling is no big deal. The woman was yelling from the hot tub across the solarium and a lot of people were talking about her and how loud she was and how much she talked. She was disruptive, rude, and very overbearing.

Now back to my wonderful, loving husband and planning our next fabulous cruise in just over 7 months.

You sound like a lawyer, because only a lawyer would come up with what you did from the wording. What you taught me is that you're arrogant.

The individual I was referring to was OBNOXIOUS. I think you understand that word

BTW, as for the poster who called me "dude". Don't do that. I am most definitely not a dude and that is so disrespectful.

Now back to my wonderful, loving husband and planning our next fabulous cruise in just over 7 months.

:rolleyes: to you calling people arrogant and being upset at being called dude when you started this conversation with your oh so lovely condescending "sweetheart" statement.

BUT HEY AS LONG AS WE AREN'T YELLING we can be as rude as we want to people

I'm not a lawyer, but I still think only someone lacking in reading comprehension would take it any differently than what I "came up with." It's pretty obvious they were not saying that the loud talker was following any particular rule because they were talking loud. It seemed pretty idiotic to take it that way, so I actually thought you were being facetious, at first.

But it could just be that English is not your first language, and if so, I can understand your difficulty.

Dude, if they were sitting next to me yelling I would move. People need to take care of themselves instead of waiting to get home to complain....if its cold, get a sweater. if the food sucks, don't eat there. if its loud, go someplace quiet.

"loud talker"....what are we on Seinfeld? LOL :p

As long as there's no close talkers!

Sorry but not everyone is going to abide by your ideal volume. Some people are louder than others. If you want everyone to live by your standards maybe a cruise isn't the right vacation for you.

Your probably the first one to complain about kids being loud and unruly, yet when adults are loud and unruly you say it's fine. Double standard?

Or the MDR or the elevators, and you wont find a rule against kids pushing elevator buttons. If you don't like loud and unruly kids in the MDR or speciality restaurant order room service. The hypocrites are alive and well on this site. You have one poster saying "go to your room if you don't want yelling in your ear", yet this same poster whines about loud kids, trust me there are no rules for kids being loud in the MDR, but there is manners. All these extra loud obnoxious adults are the parents of the loud obnoxious kids, great parenting.

Or the MDR or the elevators, and you wont find a rule against kids pushing elevator buttons. If you don't like loud and unruly kids in the MDR or speciality restaurant order room service. The hypocrites are alive and well on this site. You have one poster saying "go to your room if you don't want yelling in your ear", yet this same poster whines about loud kids, trust me there are no rules for kids being loud in the MDR, but there is manners. All these extra loud obnoxious adults are the parents of the loud obnoxious kids, great parenting.

I like all of your arguments that rely on accusing people of being hypocrites and having double-standards, based on your assumptions of how they would feel in other situations.

But, I know you're not talking about me, since I have neither said, "go to your room if you don't want yelling in your ear" nor complained about loud kids. :cool:

I just returned from the Navigator of the Seas and, like the OP, I assumed that the Solarium would be a quieter place. I realize there is only an age restriction, not a noise restriction, but based on the description on RC's website of an "adults only retreat", I made an incorrect assumption that it would be quieter. That may be the case at other times of the year, but during Spring Break, the area was filled with college students with boom boxes blaring. Obviously this could be considered a great thing by some and complete hell by others. Maybe if enough passengers request that the area be quiet, RC will modify the restrictions to included noise levels as well as age.

I just returned from the Navigator of the Seas and, like the OP, I assumed that the Solarium would be a quieter place. I realize there is only an age restriction, not a noise restriction, but based on the description on RC's website of an "adults only retreat", I made an incorrect assumption that it would be quieter. That may be the case at other times of the year, but during Spring Break, the area was filled with college students with boom boxes blaring. Obviously this could be considered a great thing by some and complete hell by others. Maybe if enough passengers request that the area be quiet, RC will modify the restrictions to included noise levels as well as age.

That is something that actually is addressed in the Guest Conduct Policy, so in the future, if you are bothered by people playing music loud on their radios/boom boxes, you might be able to get something done about that. :cool:

Your probably the first one to complain about kids being loud and unruly, yet when adults are loud and unruly you say it's fine. Double standard?

Hey if you are going to accuse me of being a hypocrite at least base it off what I said and not what you assume I would say ... since you know me so well and all :D

Archived