help me decide plz

kendall13

I need help deciding on a 4 not cruise to key west and cozumel out of Miami which i love and have done 3 times before or a 4nt cruise out of port Canaveral going to Nassau and Freeport which I have never done! I don't like change it scares me but I wanna try something new if that makes any sense lol

I need help deciding on a 4 not cruise to key west and cozumel out of Miami which i love and have done 3 times before or a 4nt cruise out of port Canaveral going to Nassau and Freeport which I have never done! I don't like change it scares me but I wanna try something new if that makes any sense lol

I would stick with Key West & Cozumel. I'm not a big fan of Freeport & Nassau.

If you've never done the Bahamas, I'd give that a try. People say they're not a fan of Nassau, but I can't figure out why--other than some people have been there so many times they're burnt out on it. We've now been there twice, and we've had fun there both times--even though once our private excursion was canceled and we didn't know until we got there so we had to very quickly go with a back up plan. And we've yet to get to Atlantis, so we could even go a third time. After that, I might find it hard to come up with new ideas to do there. For a one-time cruise, I think you'll have fun there.

Thanks for the opinions guys! I do want to try Atlantis one day! I love cozumel and always go to paradise beach! Key west I usually don't even get off the ship I enough being able to be on deck without fighting for a lounger!

Those that have been to Nassau what would you recommend doing? Should we do something carnival bought or explore on our own.

I think Nassau is very easily doable on your own, but again it's with your comfort level. We did a walking tour of Nassau (Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle and water tower, government buildings) and then went to the beach close by the ship on our last visit there.

Our first trip there back in 2008, we were supposed to do an independent excursion on a glass bottom boat. Because of the weather (dreary and drizzling when we first arrived, winds made the waves rough, and we were told we wouldn't see anything anyway), this was canceled. On the spur of the moment, we took the bus (#10 jitney I believe) to the zoo. The jitney driver watched out for us, made sure we got off at the right place, and told us how to get on the bus back downtown when we needed to. We also did the pirate museum, which I wouldn't say is "must-do" and is probably more for children, but it was interesting nonetheless.

From what I understand, Atlantis is very easy to get to on your own as well, and that is what we'll probably do the next time we find ourselves in Nassau.

I think Nassau is very easily doable on your own, but again it's with your comfort level. We did a walking tour of Nassau (Queen's Staircase, Fort Fincastle and water tower, government buildings) and then went to the beach close by the ship on our last visit there.

From what I understand, Atlantis is very easy to get to on your own as well, and that is what we'll probably do the next time we find ourselves in Nassau.

I agree it is quite doable by yourself. Frudor's has a great walking tour if you google it for Nassau.

Also, we love Junkanoo beach. $10 for 4 beers and 4 shots. Great place to relax and enjoy yourself.

We have also taken a taxi to Atlantis. While it is something to see once, I will probably not do it again. Once was enough for me.

We also walk through the straw market and go through all the shops.

I agree that the ones that do not care for it have probably been way too many times but we were there 4 times last year and never tired of Nassau.

Those that have been to Nassau what would you recommend doing? Should we do something carnival bought or explore on our own.

I've done the walking tour and enjoyed it. Junkanoo Beach is terrific. If you get hungry, the Fish Fry places are delicious. We went to Anchorage (Purple building at back). The portions are very large! We thought it was all within easy walking distance.

Archived