cabin 4539, sideways inside cabins on Radiance class ships

vmom

I just booked the Brilliance of the Seas cabin 4539 inside cabin for the Baltic cruise this summer.

I did do a search, both on cruise critic and through google, and no info regarding my question.

There are several cabins on the Radiance class ships, interior, that go in a different direction than the others. The cabins are sideways compared to the other cabins, or run the same direction as the ship, so front to back rather than side to side.

Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins and how did you like the different positioning of the cabin?

I realize that specifically 4539 is under the shops or photo section. Other than that I liked the idea of being on the same deck as a lot of the atrium activities.

We will be on this ship for 13 days and I want to make sure that the different positioning of the cabin will not be a problem.

Thanks to all!

Edited by vmom

We had one of these cabins on the Rhapsody. There was a problem on one side of the bed if the two beds are put together to make a queen. The side next to the wall where the TV cabinet is located has no room to walk over to that side of the bed. The cabinet sticks out too far and the corner of the bed abutts up against the cabinet.

If you have two twins where there is a walking area between them, then this would not be a problem.

we have had this sideways cabins two times: once on Enchantment and once on Grandeur. We've enjoyed the different layout. We always separate the beds in any inside room - it makes SUCH a big difference.

If I knew how to post pictures, I would do so for you....lol

On disembarkation day I actually spotted one of these staterooms with the door propped open. My first impression was that with the door open anyone walking in the stateroom corridor was effectively looking RIGHT at the beds.

A regular stateroom you more or less need to turn your head if you want to look in someones stateroom as you pass, but the sideways ones, well, anytime the door is open only a slight shift of ones eyeballs and you're getting a eyefull of whatever is in bed.

Since a lot of us like to catnap in the afternoon I wouldn't like this. There's a particularly non-flattering picture one of our friends took of ME crashed in bed on Enchantment, and there's no way I'd want anyone wandering down the stateroom corridor at the moment the door was open to have got that same view. :o

I've attached a few pictures I snapped. You can see the pics of the bed was taken from the corridor. (Edit: The forum is choking on the uploads, sorry...no pics)

Edited by Oshawapilot

Mark, Thanks for that view point. I didn't even think of the view from the corridor. Since this cabin on the Brilliance has its own little corridor off the main corridor, does that impact the view of the cabin from the corridor?

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

If anyone else has any feedback about these cabins I'd love to hear it.

• 2 years later...

I've been in one of these sideways cabins before and like them very much. Someone said there's a problem with the space at the end of the bed but that's not the case on the radiance class ships as these insides are longer than the Grandeur or smaller ships. If I remember correctly, the couches are larger than on some of the smaller ships as well. The small hallway is quieter than the main hallway but sometimes the room stewards use this area to bring laundry through the door at the end.

The fourth floor is very convenient and the sideways room is halfway between the front and mid elevators

I'm D+ and of all the size ships I've been on, the Radiance class is by far my favorite.

I've been in one of these sideways cabins before and like them very much. Someone said there's a problem with the space at the end of the bed but that's not the case on the radiance class ships as these insides are longer than the Grandeur or smaller ships. If I remember correctly, the couches are larger than on some of the smaller ships as well. The small hallway is quieter than the main hallway but sometimes the room stewards use this area to bring laundry through the door at the end.

The fourth floor is very convenient and the sideways room is halfway between the front and mid elevators

I'm D+ and of all the size ships I've been on, the Radiance class is by far my favorite.

Thanks, Louie! Glad to hear that!