Vain woman needs help with horrible cruise hair!!

Aurora2143

Although I'm one of those 'I brush my hair once a day whether it needs it or not' gals, I totally respect that if this is your deal, own it!

And for anyone thinking they won't have a problem here, it bears repeating repeatedly, Southeast Alaska is a rain forest. Just because we're cold doesn't mean you won't have all the issues associated with high humidity. Even my super thick, coarse, naturally wavy hair frizzes when I'm outside all day, which you're going to be on the shore days.

I'm a bit worried though. Travel in May could still be cold. What are you going to do if you need a hat???

So it's been about 1 1/2 weeks since I got the Coppola Express done. I've washed my hair twice a day everyday and it still looks great.

My hubby got some great shots of my hair this weekend. This was dried without any kind of styling. No round brush, flat iron, nothing. Just the products that I've mentioned above and blow dry.

pattie_zps9894c69f.jpg

DSC01295_zpsd161f9b7.jpg

Love the stuff!

Beautiful, Aurora!!! So glad the Its a 10 products are working so well for you! the Coppola Express treatment obviously worked - your hair looks nice and smooth and shiny! I think you'll be just fine on your AK trip!

I agree!

There's always people that come on a thread that is asking for advice, and then tries to make you feel stupid for asking such things. I see it on almost all threads. If its about how great suites on Ncl are compared to other lines, people have to come nd talk about how snobby people are and that you don't need to be in a suite to have fun.

If you don't have hair advice, then please kindly move on with your I don't care attitudes. I think you guys are very rude!

This is an issue that a lot of women actually care about.

Love this thread have gotten great advice !!!

The above post is the best though ! Loved it! :p

I went to New Orleans once and had board straight hair walking off the plane. A few hours later my friend asked " wasnt your hair straight earlier?" Replied yes. She told me to go look in the mirror. Mind you we had been out at bars for a few hours and walking around. I had the biggest curliest long hair. Funny looking back. Good think I had a few drinks in me. I will either blow my hair straight and double flat iron. After I blow dry it I put it in a loose bun on top while I do my make up. I feel this helps it settle. Then I use a flat iron. Once done getting dressed I run the iron over one more time. If not that then I blow it out and curl it. Seems counterproductive but adding "good" waves is better than frizzy waves. I live in So FL so it gets humid and these things tend to work.

I went to New Orleans once and had board straight hair walking off the plane. A few hours later my friend asked " wasnt your hair straight earlier?" Replied yes. She told me to go look in the mirror. Mind you we had been out at bars for a few hours and walking around. I had the biggest curliest long hair. Funny looking back. Good think I had a few drinks in me. I will either blow my hair straight and double flat iron. After I blow dry it I put it in a loose bun on top while I do my make up. I feel this helps it settle. Then I use a flat iron. Once done getting dressed I run the iron over one more time. If not that then I blow it out and curl it. Seems counterproductive but adding "good" waves is better than frizzy waves. I live in So FL so it gets humid and these things tend to work.

I'm sorry, I just had to laugh at the first part of your story because I can hear my friends telling me the same thing.

Well, after my cruise in 24 days I will be able to find out if all this stuff works (Keratin Express treatment and the "It's a 10" shampoo and conditioner). And I will report back.

I'm more in the "brush my hair once a day whether it needs it or not camp". I will be curious to see what the humidity does to my hair. Usually makes it look better as my very loose curls tighten up.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

I'm more in the "brush my hair once a day whether it needs it or not camp". I will be curious to see what the humidity does to my hair. Usually makes it look better as my very loose curls tighten up.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

I've always envied women with pretty curly hair.

Your hair looks great after the treatment. Is it usually that shiny? I'm always looking for products to add shine, the shine never seems to last long enough for me.

No, it wasn't always that shiny. The treatment locks the color in and added all that shine.

Your hair looks great after the treatment. Is it usually that shiny? I'm always looking for products to add shine, the shine never seems to last long enough for me.

CrabbyQ, just to give you an idea of what my hair looked like before Christmas (before the treatment). Sorry it's a family photo, I don't take too many pictures, and most are at the range. LOL! :)

18688_4985529797513_680551882_n_zps38eacd24.jpg

I've searched through the message boards for tips on how to control frizzy hair on cruises, but have found many for women with thin or curly hair and products that work for them usually would not and have not worked for me.

My hair is a thick mixture of asian/caucasian hair. Supposed to be straight and when I went on my first cruise last year, I could not control the frizz with the products that I've used. Tried all kinds of serums and creams to no avail.

Does anyone have my type hair and know of products that I can use to look at least halfway decent during my next Alaskan cruise in May?

I have vanity issues and do pride myself on having "perfect" hair. HELP!!!! :)

I tried every product on the market, none of which protected me from my horrible hair frizz in summer and on my cruises. Now I get a Japanese "gel perm" (not Japanese straightening) which relaxes my hair curl AND a keratin treatment (lasts 6 months) which totally eliminates the frizz, and I have great hair, silky and straight, all summer long.

Linda

I am really late to this thread, but I have the worst hair you could ever imagine. It's coarse, thick, and a bit curly. The curl is pretty when my hair is wet, but it dries into a frizzy mess. It's awful. I'm really interested in trying the It's a 10 products, and will check the stores tomorrow for them, also the John Freida air brush. Right now I just let it dry naturally, then I have to use a flat iron to get it straight. That works, until any humidity at all touches my hair, then it's a frizzy mess again. We were on a cruise and my hair was perfectly straight inside the ship. I walked out onto the deck, and just because there was FOG, my hair frizzed right before our eyes! My son thought it was hilarious, and even captured it in pictures. Does the "It's a 10" products stop that from happening? Haha, you should have seen me on another cruise when we went snorkeling. On the way back to the ship, on the smaller snorkel boat, the wind dried my hair and it was totally wild. All the other women had their hair dry straight and mine was out of control. Do you mind me asking how much the Keratin express treatment was? I know the full Brazilian Blow-out is super expensive and I could never afford that. Oh, my hair is just above my shoulders, so not much to weigh the frizz down. Ugg, I hate my hair.

I am really late to this thread, but I have the worst hair you could ever imagine. It's coarse, thick, and a bit curly. The curl is pretty when my hair is wet, but it dries into a frizzy mess. It's awful. I'm really interested in trying the It's a 10 products, and will check the stores tomorrow for them, also the John Freida air brush. Right now I just let it dry naturally, then I have to use a flat iron to get it straight. That works, until any humidity at all touches my hair, then it's a frizzy mess again. We were on a cruise and my hair was perfectly straight inside the ship. I walked out onto the deck, and just because there was FOG, my hair frizzed right before our eyes! My son thought it was hilarious, and even captured it in pictures. Does the "It's a 10" products stop that from happening? Haha, you should have seen me on another cruise when we went snorkeling. On the way back to the ship, on the smaller snorkel boat, the wind dried my hair and it was totally wild. All the other women had their hair dry straight and mine was out of control. Do you mind me asking how much the Keratin express treatment was? I know the full Brazilian Blow-out is super expensive and I could never afford that. Oh, my hair is just above my shoulders, so not much to weigh the frizz down. Ugg, I hate my hair.

I think the cost of the Keratin Express starts at about $80, and with shoulder length hair that's probably about how much it will cost. On page 4 of this thread it shows how long my hair is and I paid $110. :)

I also have frizzy hair. Used to be much worst when I was younger. I usually get it straightened at the salon , and for when I don't , I just let it air dry and use products like (Not Your Mothers) for a beachy look. My hair is extremely thick and at times unmanageable.

I am still laughing after reading all the "I have THE worst hair ever" stories! I truly thought that honor belonged to me! All my life I have had straight, thick, shiny hair - people used (and "used" to is the operative word) to stop me and compliment me on my hair. I am a gal of the late 60's - early 70's era, when long straight hair was the thing. Even when keeping my hair short, people would still compliment me on my hair. All that changed with MEN-O-PAUSE! Ahhhh...the bain of my existence! My hair literally changed within a matter of weeks to months to a wiry, wavy (not pretty wavy....think STICK OUT ALL OVER wavy) mess! It is still thick....in places but not all over. Not matter what hairdresser I go to, all they can think to do is cut it 2-3 inches long all over - there is not much else to be done. What has saved me is wigs....I have 7 now and every day DH can pick out what wife he wants for that day! I have long, short and in-between, blonde, red, highlighted, dark, etc - and the most I have ever paid is $150.00 for a good one. When I first mentioned buying one a couple of years ago, DH was not very sure that this was a good idea but he agreed to go with me and see what they looked like. And he also fell in love with them and HE is the one who urges me to buy more. They are soooo easy and you can always pop one on and look great within a couple of minutes. I live in SFL where it is hot and humid but they really aren't hot or itchy which was surprising to me. I rarely leave the house without one on unless it is to go the beach a few times a week. I know wigs are not practical for everyone and not everyone would feel comfortable with wearing one....but for me, at this stage of my life with this GOD AWFUL hair I now have....this has been a lifesaver for me. You know how if your hair doesn't look good (in your own opinion), no matter what you have on, you just don't feel as if you look nice.....well now...problem solved! ;)

they have keratin treatments that now do not require you to wait 3 days without washing. I get my keratin treatments done every 6 months and i only wait 24 hours to wash my hair. I have very think coarse curly hair and the keratin treatment just makes it so smooth and frizz free in the worst conditions. I live in south Georgia so its always humid here.

they have keratin treatments that now do not require you to wait 3 days without washing. I get my keratin treatments done every 6 months and i only wait 24 hours to wash my hair. I have very think coarse curly hair and the keratin treatment just makes it so smooth and frizz free in the worst conditions. I live in south Georgia so its always humid here.

That's what I had done, the Keratin Express. I couldn't do 3 days without washing my hair.

I go back next week to get it done again before my cruise.

Archived