Review of QSine on the Millennium

Toronto1970

...that the $45 upcharge for Qsine included an add'l tip for the waitstaff.

Some posts in this thread said that was not the case, that a tip was suggested over and beyond the $45 (per person).

Might someone clarify?

Much thanks

I leave a small (5-10%) additional tip if I recieved good service.

There are always a promotion for Qsine which lowers the price.

I never eat the full menu, it's way too much heavy food. I pick three things, that's it.

Qsine might not be " great " , but its a lot better than the terrible Asian restaurant on the Equinox.

Qsine might not be " great " , but its a lot better than the terrible Asian restaurant on the Equinox.

I certainly agree with that statement....we walked out of Silk Harvest after our first course..some of the worst sushi I've been served.

We tried Qsine on Solstice when it was quite new. We went with a fairly large group, and enjoyed the experience, mainly for the novelty value. I'm glad I went, but wouldn't be in a hurry to go again, especially at $45 pp. The price increase in the specialty restaurants has put them out of my 'must do' range. We will now enjoy Murano or Tuscan Grill once on a cruise, unless a really good discount is available.

Sheila

100% agree with your husband's review on all the dishes that I've tried in Qsine on Millie. We had been forewarned that the meatballs were huge and not that good. The coleslaw that came with the spring rolls was delicious.

Our assessment was that it was fun and worth going when it was offered at half price. My review with terrible photos is here: http://rlshome.com/blog/?p=3250

100% agree with your husband's review on all the dishes that I've tried in Qsine on Millie. We had been forewarned that the meatballs were huge and not that good. The coleslaw that came with the spring rolls was delicious.

Our assessment was that it was fun and worth going when it was offered at half price. My review with terrible photos is here: http://rlshome.com/blog/?p=3250

Thanks for posting your blog. I enjoyed reading your whole review.

What's in the two cones behind the escargot pic ( Celebrity Millennium, Qsine )? Is that how they served the bread for you?

We just dined in Qsine two weeks ago. Indeed it is $45 per person and service was not included. That made it $90 plus tip (we were told by waiter that tip was not included) for an evening of tapas. Wouldn't do it again at that price.

Wow your server flat out lied to your face to get more money. If you remember his or her name you should call the home office and report them. You are welcome to give additional gratuity if you feel it is warranted but service is included in the fee.

Thanks for posting your blog. I enjoyed reading your whole review.

What's in the two cones behind the escargot pic ( Celebrity Millennium, Qsine )? Is that how they served the bread for you?

You are correct - that was the bread served to soak up any leftover butter/seasoning from the escargot.

We ate there last year. I really enjoyed it but my husband was ambivalent. I think it is more about the experience than the quality of the food, especially if you are a foodie! I'd like to do it again this trip, but we probably won't unless there is a deal.

We just tried Qsine on Silhouette. We eat kosher style so we thought that $45 was steep since we had to skip anything made with shellfish, escargot, and pork. They offered to order us fish from Tuscan Grill, but that seemed pointless so we declined. We were able to enjoy the vegetarian eggrolls, most of M's Favorites, sushi lollipops without the shrimp, Taj Mahal vegetarian dish, fish & chips, and bread. We could have had the pureed veggies, but we were too full. We were also too full for any dessert. It was worth about a $25 surcharge with our limited options. The service was good. There was nothing wrong with the food and it was fun but it wasn't gourmet at all.

Wow your server flat out lied to your face to get more money. If you remember his or her name you should call the home office and report them. You are welcome to give additional gratuity if you feel it is warranted but service is included in the fee.

I agree. It was pretty clear on the chit we signed that gratuity was included (although we did add more since the service really was the highlight of the meal)

Archived