Open container laws in Mahahual

Sir_Randy

Will be stopping in Costa Maya with NCL and taking cab to to Mahahual to walk the beach and shops. If I get a beer or frozen drink at one bar, can I walk down the beach/street with it or do I have to finish the adult beverage prior to leaving that bar?

We were there in December and wandered all over the beach and shops with our drinks. Very lazy and back place. Be sure to stop in Tropicante and see Steve the owner. You can actually reserve a table and chairs from him for free as long as you buy your foods and drinks from him. Great guy, excellent service.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Thanks fellow cruisers! I kind of assumed they were ok as long as not causing any issues and spending money! We like to try different drinks and foods at different beach bars, so do not want to spend all day at 1 place when there are so many places to try.

Looking forward to no structured tours at this stop, just leisure wandering with cold beverage in hand, music playing, beaches, and blue water....

Sir Randy,

Just a word of caution...don't give into the lounger vultures! Just about every place on the malecon will have guys out hustling to get you into their place and their loungers. I suggest that when you get out of the taxi at Coronas, trun right and walk down to Tropicante. It looks like an open shop from the malecon so watch for it. Yellow front. When one of the lounger vultures approaches you from Tropicante, ask for Steve. If Steve is busy or the place looks full (Most likely he'll have room), keep walking. There's a spot called El Captaino's, or some such, kindaof a more open tiki bar look. This is a good second choice. I prefer, Nohoch Kay and you can certainly walk down there too. But it's an AI and you book early through Island Marketing. However, if you venture down that far to NK, ask for Jaime and see if he has room for you. Probably not on an AI but maybe as ala carte. For the cold one there, order a Bohemia.

• 2 weeks later...
Will be stopping in Costa Maya with NCL and taking cab to to Mahahual to walk the beach and shops. If I get a beer or frozen drink at one bar, can I walk down the beach/street with it or do I have to finish the adult beverage prior to leaving that bar?

Warning, If you don't have a beer in your hand, you may be approached by many nice people that want to fix that problem, in exchange for a couple bucks.

I love Majahual.

Last time we were there we got hit by the vultures. Got two beers and our bill was like $17...that includes lounger, etc. We just sat at a table and had a beer. Weren't there half an hour. Mistake I won't be making again!

• 4 months later...
Sir Randy,

Just a word of caution...don't give into the lounger vultures! Just about every place on the malecon will have guys out hustling to get you into their place and their loungers. I suggest that when you get out of the taxi at Coronas, trun right and walk down to Tropicante. It looks like an open shop from the malecon so watch for it. Yellow front. When one of the lounger vultures approaches you from Tropicante, ask for Steve. If Steve is busy or the place looks full (Most likely he'll have room), keep walking. There's a spot called El Captaino's, or some such, kindaof a more open tiki bar look. This is a good second choice. I prefer, Nohoch Kay and you can certainly walk down there too. But it's an AI and you book early through Island Marketing. However, if you venture down that far to NK, ask for Jaime and see if he has room for you. Probably not on an AI but maybe as ala carte. For the cold one there, order a Bohemia.

We were at El Tropicante 2 weeks ago and Steve was GREAT!!!

Archived