Printing Documents ?

mandm97

We got an upgrade this past Sunday. I've been trying to print our new boarding pass and luggage tags. I went to manage my cruise section on the website which shows my new cabin but I can't seem print them. The screen turns blue and appears to lock up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

We got an upgrade this past Sunday. I've been trying to print our new boarding pass and luggage tags. I went to manage my cruise section on the website which shows my new cabin but I can't seem print them. The screen turns blue and appears to lock up. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

There is another thread on second page which is dealing with this problem. I found when I get the blue screen, I go into tools and change my zoom from whatever setting I have (I use 150) to any other (125) and the white box shows up and I can print the documents. Don't know why this works, but it is working for others. Hope it works for you.:)

It took me about 10 tries with three different browsers before I was finally able to print our cruise docs! I kept either getting a blank screen or getting an error that the PDF file was not readable. FINALLY I got it to work with Internet Explorer. Neither Firefox nor Google Chrome appear to play nice with the Carnival web site.

Thanks!!!

You are not alone. I have printed CCL tags many times but this is the first time I have had problems. Not sure what the deal is. I get a 'update adobe' or 'the file is corrupt' or something along those lines. I know the error isn't on my end and I think CCL is aware of the problem. Hopefully they can fix the problem. At the same time they need to revamp their website. It is full of errors and flaws especially hitting the back button when reviewing excursions for a particular cruise. Nightmare each time.

Thanks!!!

I have this problem on my Mac when using Firefox to print my cruise documents. Began to freak out. Made a last attempt by switching to Safari. Worked fine. Not really sure what's going on. It's not a Carnival issue. It's an Adobe/Firefox issue (for me, at least).

You are not alone. I have printed CCL tags many times but this is the first time I have had problems. Not sure what the deal is. I get a 'update adobe' or 'the file is corrupt' or something along those lines. I know the error isn't on my end and I think CCL is aware of the problem. Hopefully they can fix the problem. At the same time they need to revamp their website. It is full of errors and flaws especially hitting the back button when reviewing excursions for a particular cruise. Nightmare each time.

I was getting the same error message as you were. It's a Firefox 19 thing. Go to Tools, options, Applications, scroll down to Portable Document Format and select the PDF viewer that you use on you computer, then save.

Firefox 19 installed it's own PDF viewer which isn't compatible with Carnival view/print docs.

There is another thread on second page which is dealing with this problem. I found when I get the blue screen, I go into tools and change my zoom from whatever setting I have (I use 150) to any other (125) and the white box shows up and I can print the documents. Don't know why this works, but it is working for others. Hope it works for you.:)

Thanks so much! This did the trick!! I'm using IE...Thanks to all for your input!:)

• 2 months later...
Mine does this EVERY time that little box pops up. It turns blue & locks up.

For some reason, I have to hit the ALT key. It then turns back to white & it works. (That's Internet Explorer):confused:

I was having the same problem, tried this ( hitting 'ALT') and the blue went away...too weird, but thank you very much :D

If you're using Firefox, for some reason it won't work. Go to Internet Explorer, then go through the process to print your docs. Should work for you.

Even with IE it didn't work for me. I downloaded the Adobe PDF to read it. Once I did that, I was able to print my boarding passes. The Adobe PDF reader is free, just google and download.

I'm trying again and apparently they're working on the problem since I can't even get the "Manage My Cruise" page to come up.

Will try again tomorrow :)!

I DO agree that the Carnival website could really be improved, beyond this most recent SNAFU.

• 2 weeks later...
I was getting the same error message as you were. It's a Firefox 19 thing. Go to Tools, options, Applications, scroll down to Portable Document Format and select the PDF viewer that you use on you computer, then save.

Firefox 19 installed it's own PDF viewer which isn't compatible with Carnival view/print docs.

Great solution! I have been trying to print docs in both Firefox and IE - and the form was there but no information was on them. Doing what you suggested and changing the viewer to Adobe and they printed fine. Thanks!

Can't thank you enough!! I was experiencing this problem on my new computer-----so just went to the older one to print the docs and tags. As soon as I followed your directions, they all appeared! If I meet you on a cruise I owe you a drink!

Had the same problem using mac and fire fox.

When PDF loads, a yellow bar appears at the top of the window

"This PDF document may not be displayed correctly"

On the right hand side of the yellow bar there is an option that says

"open with different viewer"

Click on it and another box appears. You have choice to open with, or save file.

I selected open with (preview)

The documents loaded and was able to print them.

Good luck and happy sailing! :)

It seems many people are finding different fixes for the same problem. Today I finally used my husband's computer with no ytrouble. Firefox was the problem but I also had to disable my pop up blocker.

Archived