What time to get to X OS in NJ?

There is in door seating and your guess is right, hard chairs. The check in/waiting area looks like a big tent. It's climate controlled, so you'll be comfortable. There are restrooms. Coffee, juice and cookies will be available.

And the cookies are delicious :D

We sail out of Bayonne often. If there are weddings on your cruise, you will be delayed in boarding. Wedding parties get preference especially if the wedding is being held in port. This can hold you up quite a bit as they usually wait for all attendees to arrive before boarding the wedding group.

The waiting area is more comfortable then some of the other ports we've been to because the chairs are plastic with tables not hard metal folding chairs lined up in rows.

Your motorcycle will be allowed on the ship but you will have to go wait with the other passengers.

I am looking forward to finally sailing out Bayonne for the first time in September. This is really the first cruise that we are driving to, so it should be fun.

We are also shooting for the 10:30/11:00 arrival window. I hope the security lines aren't very long. We took a 2 night cruise on NCL out of Manhattan not long ago and the security lines were crazy. It took us 90 minutes just to get through the scanners and roughly another 30 minutes to check in. At least they were being nice to the elderly and bringing them right through.

Your motorcycle will be allowed on the ship but you will have to go wait with the other passengers.

Correct!! I will be taking the hotel shuttle to the port with the luggage. I will wait for my husband to load the motorcycle on, which can take 1 - 1 1/2 hours for the group to do. I will wait for him to come back to the terminal so that we can check-in together. I was just hoping for a comfy place to sit while I am waiting for him:)

I am looking forward to finally sailing out Bayonne for the first time in September. This is really the first cruise that we are driving to, so it should be fun.

We are also shooting for the 10:30/11:00 arrival window. I hope the security lines aren't very long. We took a 2 night cruise on NCL out of Manhattan not long ago and the security lines were crazy. It took us 90 minutes just to get through the scanners and roughly another 30 minutes to check in. At least they were being nice to the elderly and bringing them right through.

Be aware that you will not be allowed to go to your cabin prior to about 1:30 PM not matter what your cabin category is. Best thing if you do board earlier is to go to the Windjammer that starts lunch at 11:30 AM with your hand carries. If you get on sooner, you can get some little sandwiches and fresh fruit and cookies on deck 5 Promenade Cafe to hold you until lunch starts at the Windjammer.

Also, if there are a large number of non-US citizens on board, it may take longer to get everyone through Immigration. Some passengers do not report at their assigned times and many announcements are made to get them to do so. This results in a delay for everyone getting off the ship. New passengers are not allowed on until the arriving passengers are all off the ship.

Be aware that you will not be allowed to go to your cabin prior to about 1:30 PM not matter what your cabin category is. Best thing if you do board earlier is to go to the Windjammer that starts lunch at 11:30 AM with your hand carries. If you get on sooner, you can get some little sandwiches and fresh fruit and cookies on deck 5 Promenade Cafe to hold you until lunch starts at the Windjammer.

Also, if there are a large number of non-US citizens on board, it may take longer to get everyone through Immigration. Some passengers do not report at their assigned times and many announcements are made to get them to do so. This results in a delay for everyone getting off the ship. New passengers are not allowed on until the arriving passengers are all off the ship.

Thanks for the info. We have sailed before on RCCL, so we know the deal. Regarding getting off.......We are local and in no rush to stand in line to get off. If we are last off, that's quite ok with me. Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. We have sailed before on RCCL, so we know the deal. Regarding getting off.......We are local and in no rush to stand in line to get off. If we are last off, that's quite ok with me. Thanks again.

Unfortunately/Fotunately we are about 15-20 minutes from the pier...so once we get loaded into a car and leave the terminal our vacation is over....:0(

Unfortunately/Fotunately we are about 15-20 minutes from the pier...so once we get loaded into a car and leave the terminal our vacation is over....:0(

Well after we get off the ship our journey is not over. We have to drive about 70 miles north to go pick-up our dogs from our dog sitter. Then drive back down to Long Island. It is a quick ride, especially on a Sunday morning.

Archived