Free Cruise Tickets???

ciship

And I've been waiting since the Bush administration for a review to see how the cruise went.

Actually, the part about Carnival mailing her the tickets was the giveaway that made me look at the date.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Thanks for the link Mike. My experience has been way different than what I have read from that link thank goodness (so far)! I don't have to go through any "presentations" and I have talked on the phone twice already with this company and they also gave me their email address. They have returned my calls promptly as well. Cruise tickets are sent by Carnival to my home, so I don't have to worry about being stranded at the port either. Hmmmm......I'm always leary......going to have to keep my eyes wide open on this one as well!

As far as the deal we got on the car?? My husband is a piranah.....relentless with sales folks. We paid well under our bottom dollar price.....but, I'm sure that is far from the case with others unfortunately.

Actually I have NEVER gotten "TICKETS" to get on a ship. Be careful what they send to you. You need to pre-register your passport info etc and then you print out a boarding pass. I'm looking at mine right now. It has a booking number, cabin number, dining time, embarkation time and our names. I'd say if they don't give you a booking # so you can pre-register then you will watch a ship pull away without you.

I'm researching AIM Cruises and it sounds like you got one. I'm considering buying a block of these tickents to offer in a similar manner. Have you gone on your cruise yet? Are you able to offer any feedback about the experience?

I see your travel agent is CCT, ours would be (depending on where the sales rep is located I guess) Pacific Coast Travel.

I am skeptical because I am not able to find *anything* negative about AIM online and I'm also not able to find anything positive that is not written, or published, by them while they claim to have been around for a long time.

But the program seems legitimate. It's not advertised as being free; although, I'm not surprised the car sales person told you it was free. It also seems like it may be a good value for what you get. 5 day/4 night cruise packages can range from hundreds of dollars to thousands depending on where you go and I'm looking at giving these away as part of a promotion. The package I'm looking at is a minimum purchase of 30 tickets at $159 each.

I hope to learn good things.

Go with your gut. Personally mine is churning just reading this.

This happened to a young girl who I work with. She bought a new truck and got a "free" cruise. Since I was the only person she knew who went on cruises, she asked me to check it out for her. She had her pick from two CCL ships out of Florida...the Fantasy and another one maybe out of Miami. It was a 4 night cruise. She would be responsible for: air, port charges and taxes, and gratuities. She's a young girl of 18 who struggles to even make the truck payment and there was no way she could do this. It would have cost her less money to book the Ecstasy out of Galveston and drive rather than take the "free" cruise.

I do hope your experience is different and I'm glad to see you are doing your homework! Keep us posted!:)

Years ago when my DW was my GF we were at a bar and she won a free cruise for 2 people. At that time I'd already been on 4 cruises and she had been on 1 of them with me so we knew a little about it. The free cruise was only a 3 day sailing. We looked it over and knowing we'd be responsible for airfare, gratuities, and port taxes we didn't expect to use it. Someone offered to buy it from her for $50 cash, and she immediately sold it.

Edited by ewenix

And I've been waiting since the Bush administration for a review to see how the cruise went.

Actually, the part about Carnival mailing her the tickets was the giveaway that made me look at the date.

The fact that a business didn't have a website made me look at the timestamp, lol. :p

• 8 months later...

That company Paradise Travel Atascadero, California is a FRAUD!! Cruisers Beware!!

They issue 'travel certificates' with a $39 registration fee mailed by check only, which is a BIG RED FLAG.

The owner Shawn Sarnecki is highly unethical and fraudulent. I can provide proof that the seller is charging more in its so called FREE "travel certificate" than what is available on the official website of the cruise. He has not responded to my recent phone calls and emails after I pointed that out and disappeared. The cruise availability is only based on what he tells you and those are usually the upgraded ones.

Other than the $39 fee, there's a $198 fee for each person to cover the taxes, and exorbitant amount for upgrades and longer cruises.

Sellers like this should be prosecuted.

He has wasted my time planning for my vacation and I am here to warn others!!

You'd better off buying tickets on the official website of cruise lines.

Does any other people have similar experience?

Got sucked in once for a free room and breakfast in Branson, Missouri (phone)for an hour and a half presentation. The second "closer" insulted me when I said no (after they kept me 4 hours) I nearly hit him but my wife stopped me. Now she has to hold me back when I'm approached by a "sidewalk hawker." Those bastards are sewer rats.