Epic mini suite v balcony

Blondie008

I was looking at our cruise B2B 15 nights. - and comparing prices. Suites are double the price of our balcony - I just cant justify that. We are on our own this cruise (2 adults) and we spend very little time in the cabin. Epic appealed to us for its faciltiies, dining choices, h20 spice was a big factor - and POSH area for us, I think would be too quiet (for this vacation we wanted vibe, laughter, party, music etc). Its rare for us not to cruise in a suite - but I really could not justify it for this cruise..

Mini suites however, not much difference in price. But - from what I can see they dont look much bigger than an ordinary balcony cabin? Look more like deluxe balcony cabins? Bigger balcony is no odds to us, we are only out on the balcony for a coffee in the morning and a light breakfast - dont have any need for a lounger etc.

All in - it looks like £100 to upgrade each cruise, so thats £400 - around $600 - is it worth it? Anyone got any compare photos? balcony v mini suite?

As we are doing 15 ngihts B2B I dont even intend this time to bring a full wardobe - bringing around ten days supply and will have clothes dry cleaned. Normally on a 15 night cruise Id be thinking I need tonnes of wardobe space (we do tend to dress up rather than down).. but this cruise - it seems I dont need that extra space. IN saying that, IS THERE extra wardrobe space in a mini suite as opposed to a balcony? That to me might be worth paying the extra for.

600$ is not a lot - is it worth upgrading??

Dont want an aft cabin - dont like them.

Any "fantastic" mini suites on Epic worth checking out?

Thoughts appreciated..

i just came off the EPIC on a mini suite. there is a ton of storage space- more than you can possibly use for 2 people. also, the mini suite is a longer room, so you have a bit more space getting around the room. me and my wife really enjoyed it, but we happened to get a very good deal on the price. if you say you dont stay in the room much, then it's a personal choice. but for me, i will always take the mini suite as long as it is not too much more money. i like the extra comfort.

Slightly bigger cabin. Believe the square footage is 245 square feet versus 216 including the balcony. Categories MA and MC have a bathtub/shower combination. This is the configuration that we had on the Epic and loved the room. As I was packing our bags to go home, I discovered additional storage/cabinets that we never new we had. Didn't need it either. There is tons of storage and in clever places too.

• 1 month later...
I'd keep the balcony and spend the money on specialty restaurants and souveniers. :)

Still pondering this one - I haven't called TA yet been so busy but still wondering whether mini suite is worth it -

Anyone know if the wardrobe space in Mini Suites is relatively bigger? We bring a LOT of dress up clothes - IF that space is a lot bigger might be worth it. I am thinking £400 would buy a few nice cocktails and other than space - not to fussed about a tub in Caribbean climate will only use shower. I'm kinda struggling to justify the extra $$$s .We absolutely dont spend time in our cabin - We used to love our balcony for smoking - but we dont smoke any more hah - We will use our cabin for the essentials - thats about it. Is it worth it... ???

For me I wonder if its all or nothing, in other words - either cash up and go for a full suite - or - stick with what we have :confused:

My husband thinks we should stick with what we have - he reckons - if it aint a suite - then dont bother wasting the $$$s -

hmmmmm.....cant make up my mind!

I booked two cabins on our Nov 2012 Epic cruise. One was min suite and one was regular balcony. There is a difference in size of the cabins, storage, and also the size of the shower. Mini suite overall shower is much larger. I would go for the mini suite..........;);)

Archived