Map of naples

jrewing007

Where online can I find a really good map of the port of naples, location of ferrys (to capri), train stations to Pompei? Do you think both can be done in a day?

Hi,

Both can be done in a day but you would be pretty rushed, IMHO.

I never did find a good map with the location of ferry terminal (Molo Beverello), train staion (Porta Nolana), tram route to train station, & cruise port. So ... I created my own google map that contains all of the above (with the location of where to purchase your tram/train tickets, where to catch tram, etc.). Additionally, you can use the little "yellow man" to walk around the port area to see what it looks like.

If you would like my map, I can send the link to you. You can email me using my signature at the bottom of this post.:)

jill

Where online can I find a really good map of the port of naples, location of ferrys (to capri), train stations to Pompei? Do you think both can be done in a day?

No to doing both in one day unless you want to rush by and not really see anything then you can do both in one day. Do some reading on this board to see what other's have chosen to do. You can always book another cruise:D

Hi,

I never did find a good map with the location of ferry terminal (Molo Beverello), train staion (Porta Nolana), tram route to train station, & cruise port. So ... I created my own google map that contains all of the above (with the location of where to purchase your tram/train tickets, where to catch tram, etc.). Additionally, you can use the little "yellow man" to walk around the port area to see what it looks like.

If you would like my map, I can send the link to you. You can email me using my signature at the bottom of this post.:)

jill

I agree Google maps is probably your best online bet for these specific things.

No to doing both in one day unless you want to rush by and not really see anything then you can do both in one day. Do some reading on this board to see what other's have chosen to do. You can always book another cruise:D

LOL....yes, I've been to Naples twice on cruises and have even spent a week in Sorrento and I just now got around to going to Capri for the first time. :D

If you decide to try and do both in one day, here's what I'd do.

Take the SITA bus from the port (Immacolatella Vecchia, just east of the cruise port) to Pompei, arriving at 8:35 a.m.

Spend three hours at Pompei, then take the Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. The 11:47 a.m. from Pompei Scavi puts you in Sorrento at 12:17 p.m. Schedule here: http://www.vesuviana.it/web/files/Orario%20Na_So%20dal%2017settembre%202012.pdf

Walk or take the local bus down to the marina and catch a boat out to Capri; you should be on the island by 1:30 p.m.

That gives you three hours or so on Capri, and three hours in Pompei, with the rest taken up in transit.

If you decide to try and do both in one day, here's what I'd do.

Take the SITA bus from the port (Immacolatella Vecchia, just east of the cruise port) to Pompei, arriving at 8:35 a.m.

Spend three hours at Pompei, then take the Circumvesuviana to Sorrento. The 11:47 a.m. from Pompei Scavi puts you in Sorrento at 12:17 p.m. Schedule here: http://www.vesuviana.it/web/files/Orario%20Na_So%20dal%2017settembre%202012.pdf

Walk or take the local bus down to the marina and catch a boat out to Capri; you should be on the island by 1:30 p.m.

That gives you three hours or so on Capri, and three hours in Pompei, with the rest taken up in transit.

Thanks Eurocruiser.

Hi,

jill

Thanks Jill good stuff:)

Archived