Now that TA's can be booked what way to go?

gordylad

I'm sorry, I don't understand this; why would the food be better going east? And why wouldn't you drive home if you disembark in Florida and also live there. I guess I'm just confused.

I think he is saying that the quality of food was better when supplied in the US, rather than Europe. Also believe he is saying that, when taking a flight home from Europe he chooses to stay an extra night due to jet lag. Talking about both directions, I think

Have been on an East bound TA and, although we lost an hour here and there, there was plenty of sunlight in May. Taking a Westbound this fall and, since the trip is late November/early December, concerned about far fewer hours of sunlight on all days. Some excursions won't get back until well after it is dark.

We've been on both Eastbound and Westbound TA's, and I couldn't tell any difference in the food.

I can tell you we picked up Millennium in Vancouver after their doing Alaskan cruises for a repositioning wine cruise to San Diego, and the salmon on board was some of the best I've ever had.

im looking to book my first cruise and its gonna be a fall TA. but never cruiseing before I have no idea how much spending money I need. I don't drink or gamble so that saves a lot lol. any idea how much a young solo traveler would need.

Often a round trip airline ticket to Europe from the US costs significantly less than a one way ticket. If doing the westbound cruise, one could purchase a round trip airline ticket in dollars from the US to the port of embarkation and simply not use the return. If doing the eastbound cruise, a US resident would have to purchase a round trip ticket originating in Europe denominated in Euros to use this strategy, which might present difficulties.

Often a round trip airline ticket to Europe from the US costs significantly less than a one way ticket. If doing the westbound cruise, one could purchase a round trip airline ticket in dollars from the US to the port of embarkation and simply not use the return. If doing the eastbound cruise, a US resident would have to purchase a round trip ticket originating in Europe denominated in Euros to use this strategy, which might present difficulties.

Go to choice air, they have great pricing on one way tickets,

Eastbound in April, or Westbound in November, I would chose Eastbound!

I also find jet lag much much worse when flying east. Flying west, I just force myself to stay awake for the extra 5 hours, and wake up next morning on Eastern time.

Archived