Booking excursions, entertainment, etc online

This is my first trip on NCL - Epic May 8th out of Rome. I have taken a few RCCL cruises.

My question is - can you book your own excursions and entertainment on the NCL website? I ask because I can not and am wondering if this is typical or not. Each call I make I'm told you should be able to book online, I explain I am not able to, the rep tries then transfer me to excursion booking rep. It is frustrating - spending lots of time in hold, etc and it seems that this should be automated. I am now under 45 days and have tried to book my entertainment and my choices that are given for shows are prior to me boarding the ship! I was on a call with rep for 47 minutes yesterday and she said you are right, she could not book either and said she would out send in a case to IT and I should be able to book today. Still can not.

Is this typical?

Edited by 2specialkidsforme

This is my first trip on NCL - Epic May 8th out of Rome. I have taken a few RCCL cruises.

My question is - can you book your own excursions and entertainment on the NCL website? I ask because I can not and am wondering if this is typical or not. Each call I make I'm told you should be able to book online, I explain I am not able to, the rep tries then transfer me to excursion booking rep. It is frustrating - spending lots of time in hold, etc and it seems that this should be automated. I am now under 45 days and have tried to book my entertainment and my choices that are given for shows are prior to me boarding the ship! I was on a call with rep for 47 minutes yesterday and she said you are right, she could not book either and said she would out send in a case to IT and I should be able to book today. Still can not.

Is this typical?

Yes, you can book on line and it's very easy and convenient. Once you have booked something however, and you change your mind and want to switch tours then you have to call them because the system will not let you book conflicting tours. In order to book you have to be signed into "My NCL." You can't do it from just the regular home page. I have had an issue with the website signing into "My NCL." I sign in and it still won't give me the shore excursions. Instead it makes me sign in twice. Once I sign in for the second time though, I can usually get to the shore excursion page.

Thank you for your reply - it must be for this particular cruise that it is not working. I do log in, etc but then when go to book the selections are low lit. At least i know that this isn't typical.

Again thank you - on hold now with online support - hope to get this done today.

Have you looked into booking your own shore excursions? THere is a great board on Cruise Critic for the ports of call. Go half way down the main page, look for PORT OF CALL, click on EUROPE and then go from there. You can do so much for such little money out of pocket with ideas from over there.

Also have you looked at your roll call? there is often people looking to fill a private tour and you'd be less out of pocket than booking the huge bus trip from NCL.

• 11 months later...

Is this typical?

You should, indeed, be able to book everything online, but NCL has been having website issues for a couple of weeks, now. We've called a couple of times and each person we've talked to seems unaware of the problem..when we're transferred to tech support, we're told they're 'working on it'. It's very frustrating and we've never experienced anything like this with Norwegian, before. Hope they've take care of it, soon. We leave on the Sun the end of April and I want to get things booked, as well.