Making "whoopee"?

Hate 2 W8t

Got you to look! :p

Really, though, I have been reading some cruise material other than the CC board <gasp, I know>. Anyway, I read about the walls of the rooms being paper thin. Since I haven't seen the subject come up here, I thought I would ask...Can you hear your neighbors? Or worse...will they hear US? :eek:

On our first cruise to Mexico, we were next to honeymooners (or so we assumed, maybe just really frisky). they WOKE us at night, pretty much every night (sounded like a murder, really, wild). We laughed and went to sleep = it was no biggie, just really funny. Oddly, it is the ONLY thing we heard outside our cabin walls the entire week.

On our second cruise, not a peep, not a sound except of course, toilet flushging on either side.

A couple of cruises ago we were next door to a rather demonstrative couple. Fortunately our little one didn't pay much attention. Years ago I lived next door to a guy whose gf was rather loud and the bed was next to my dining area. So I placed my electric typewriter (told you it was years ago) next to that wall and would start typing away.;)

Since none of you know me (unless we decide it's worth it to clue you in on our ship, hehehehe) Our Cabin will be busy. During this cruise we will be making the mental (and therefore physical) transision from preventing a pregnancy to trying to create a baby. But we'll keep it down for you folks:p I'm anticipating there won't be a problem with miss ports....for us. I've already said to much, so now I'll cover my crimson face and crawl away....:o

How is the insulation from noise on the Coral? I am not worried about people hearing us, but I sure don't wish to hear others having S#%, watching TV or hearing a crying baby.

We have never had a problem on any other ship. we also sleep with a sound screening machine, so we don't hear noise from the hall.

We have found the cabin walls on Princess ships to be fairly well insulated, and rarely hear noises from adjoining cabins.

Amazed at how many people are seemingly "active" on balconies - some people not too discreet nor too quiet.

The old Noordam, HAL, had paper thin walls!

I traveled with my AUnt and Cousin and her family one spring break. My Aunt and I shared a room, and we were concerned about my cousins extra curricular activity when her 9 YO son was visiting our room for a movie(we certainly DIDNT want to hear it!). Well, the first morning at sea, my Aunt and I were watching a Drew Carey show that was ~hilarious~ and we woke them up with our laughing. I think they learned a very important leason about how thin the walls are! They we quiet for the whole cruise!

How is the insulation from noise on the Coral?

We had an inside on the Coral where you'd think you might hear more noise (as obviously our neighbors had no balcony to enjoy) - and I heard nothing. In fact, I've never heard anything on a Princess ship except the occasional water running or door slam. Never conversation or whoopee sounds or even the neighbor's TV). As someone else said, maybe I always have boring neighbors. Or (horrors ;) ) maybe they are all too busy listening to US.

Since none of you know me (unless we decide it's worth it to clue you in on our ship, hehehehe) Our Cabin will be busy. During this cruise we will be making the mental (and therefore physical) transision from preventing a pregnancy to trying to create a baby. But we'll keep it down for you folks:p I'm anticipating there won't be a problem with miss ports....for us. I've already said to much, so now I'll cover my crimson face and crawl away....:o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Lady Vidora, this cruise is also for your 10th wedding anniversary too, right?? You two will be very busy indeed. Best of luck on your baby making plans ;)

PS Guess you did "run into" a familiar person??? No worries.......:cool:

PPS Never really have heard any noise. Certainly hope I wasn't heard either:o

In ten cruises I've never heard any "noise" from the next cabin!!! You folks must have really good hearing - or I had really boring neighbours on these cruises !!!!!

I with you there too...these people must have "X-Ray" hearing!:eek:

When I was on Celebrity's Zenith with my ex-husband, we were quite busy in the room, and one evening we ran into our next door neighors in the hallway, and they giggled and the teenage son said, "Sounds like you're having a good time" or something to that effect. I was SO embarrassed!!!

We found out on our first cruise that the neighbors definitely know what you're up to. We also found it that it can give your neighbors similar ideas. It was a happy ship! :D :o

Would that be like when one person yawns, others around them yawn? Gonna have to listen closer on our next cruise!

Archived