Ecstasy Upgrade Fairy Called - Suggestions Please

Hogladyrider

We are sailing the 4-day Ecstasy with stops in Nassau (we stay on the ship) and HMC.

We are booked in an extended aft balcony room.

The upgrade fairy called this afternoon to offer us U112 a "grand suite" for an additional $300.

I am leaning towards "passing" on the upgrade, as other than the room being larger the balcony is not.

I would love to hear from those who have sailed the Ecstasy in a grand suite and your opinions.

Thanks.

Susan

We are sailing the 4-day Ecstasy with stops in Nassau (we stay on the ship) and HMC.

The upgrade fairy called this afternoon to offer us U112 a "grand suite" for an additional $300.

I am leaning towards "passing" on the upgrade, as other than the room being larger the balcony is not.

I would love to hear from those who have sailed the Ecstasy in a grand suite and your opinions.

Thanks.

Susan

$300 seems like a lot of money for a 4 day cruise. That is the Total, not pp, right? :eek: Anyway, just my personal opinion, I could find a lot to do with that money. I am more on the conservative side though -- less money spent on this cruise, extra money for another cruise!

We got a similar call a couple of days ago. Ecstasy sailing on April 13th. $450 to upgrade from 6E to Suite, seemed a little steep, especially because we're already using FTTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Susan

The "upsell" price seems kind of steep for a 4-day cruise.

Although I agree that it would be nice to experience a "suite", I think I'd pass on a cheapie, short cruise like on the Ecstasy.

You can tell us more about your reasons for sailing on the Ecstasy, but for us, choosing that cruise probably would've meant that we are either sailing on a budget or pressed for time. On both counts, we'd say no to the upsell :o

Thanks everyone!

We cruise 2-3 times a year because we live very close to PC and Tampa...we enjoy the 4-day cruises as a relaxing get away. I booked this Ecstasy in an aft balcony, which was above our normal cost for a 4-day cruise.

I am 99% sure we are going to stay in our aft balcony and pass on the suite. I will use the $300 towards our Sept Dream cruise that we have booked.

I looked at photos online of the Ecstasy GS's and other than added sf in room space and a "fancier" bathroom I see no added benefit for us.

We are very laid back cruisers and we spend most of our time on our balcony.

I appreciate everyone's responses and I found them very interesting. I wish I had the mindset of those of you who said to go for it just because you have never had a suite. We can be very happy with an inside room as well, just to be on a ship makes us happy.

I will admit I was very tempted but I think we will be very happy with our existing cabin E240 after looking at photos of it as well.

Thanks again.

Susan

Thanks.

Susan

Pass!!! I haven't even read the answers to see if you did but on the off chance that you are reading this- pass. Don't make the same mistake I did. I paid a lot more, it was for a week, in July, more expensive cruise on a more expensive ship but I gave up my beautiful aft balcony for a so-so suite which means nothing more than extra space. You get NOTHING worth anything on Carnival with a suite except priority embark. Stick with the beautiful aft view and give up the suite BS.

Pass!!! I haven't even read the answers to see if you did but on the off chance that you are reading this- pass. Don't make the same mistake I did. I paid a lot more, it was for a week, in July, more expensive cruise on a more expensive ship but I gave up my beautiful aft balcony for a so-so suite which means nothing more than extra space. You get NOTHING worth anything on Carnival with a suite except priority embark. Stick with the beautiful aft view and give up the suite BS.

Thanks Seago2 we are on the same "wave length" thought process. We really do not need the extra "space" in the cabin.

There are no additional perks with the suite for us as we are VIP.

My thoughts were, they needed balcony cabins to sell so why not try and upsell to make one available. We are sticking with E240 aft balcony cabin for our cruise.

We love HMC and that is why we are on this sailing. We have been there 3x but never in May so we opted for this weekend getaway. Normally I would have only booked an inside cabin, but I opted to splurge and surprise my partner, he still doesn't know we are in an aft balcony cabin.

Susan

Thanks Seago2 we are on the same "wave length" thought process. We really do not need the extra "space" in the cabin.

There are no additional perks with the suite for us as we are VIP.

My thoughts were, they needed balcony cabins to sell so why not try and upsell to make one available. We are sticking with E240 aft balcony cabin for our cruise.

We love HMC and that is why we are on this sailing. We have been there 3x but never in May so we opted for this weekend getaway. Normally I would have only booked an inside cabin, but I opted to splurge and surprise my partner, he still doesn't know we are in an aft balcony cabin.

Susan

Good for you! I'm 0 for 3 where HMC is concerned, sadly. I booked an extended aft on Summit this summer- can't wait- its expensive but we can drive and I need to undo the damage I did by taking that upsell last year! Have a great cruise!

We have been in grand suites on the Fantasy (2 x) and the Elation (1x) which are sister ships to the Ecstacy.

We love the space. We love the mid ship location, the larger walk in closet, larger bathroom, and larger room. We travel with a group so our room is always the get together room.

I would definitely take the suite!!

I got the upgrade call, she left a message and before we actually made contact, I went online and did a mock booking for the grand suite. It turned out to be $200 TOTAL more....this was the 5-day itinerary. So, when I declined on the OWNER'S SUITE that she was pushing ($1750 more :eek:), but requested the grand suite upgrade from the Verandah Suite we had booked, that was a deal neither of us could pass on.

In my most humble opinion, $300 more for a 4-day just doesn't seem worth it...but then again, I suppose it depends on the cabin you've got currently booked. If you're moving from an ocean view to a grand suite, well, heck! Why not? If it's from a regular balcony room to the grand suite ON THE ECSTASY, it's too much.

Have fun no matter what you decide, though. :)

Same thing happened to me back in Nov on the Ecstasy and I did it. It was three of us and it was $100 a piece. I did just because I wanted to stay in a suite. It was nice two twin beds and then a full bed by the windows. It has columns in it. I assume if the other bed was not needed it would have had the couch and table there. We had a table and chairs in the middle of the room. Nice bathroom too. Heck, I forgot I've got pictures. I'll find them in a few mins and attach a few

Here are the pictures of the room. Can't find the one of the bathroom but it had granite and the jetted tub. Had a nice walk in closet. Anyway, I think I would do it. We were in U79 on the upper deck. Hope you enjoy

We were just on the Esctasy March 2, 2013 and had cabin E242 aft and loved the view and the balcony space. We had three people in our cabin with no problem. Great location to Lido, Dinning room, etc. You do get more movement if the seas are ruff, and they were two of our five nights. For three hundred dollars more you could book a Cabana on Half Moon Cay and still have $70.00 left over. Enjoy your cruise~~

We did a B2B on the Ecstacy and had an aft balcony. U239. This was when she sailed out of Galveston. I enjoyed the location. Only downside no sofa. Also there was a pole by the room entrance that wouldn't allow you to open the door all the way. Never had a suite, just can't justify the price.

I am sure you will have a great cruise what ever you decide.

Gary & Rox

I got the upgrade call, she left a message and before we actually made contact, I went online and did a mock booking for the grand suite. It turned out to be $200 TOTAL more....this was the 5-day itinerary. So, when I declined on the OWNER'S SUITE that she was pushing ($1750 more :eek:), but requested the grand suite upgrade from the Verandah Suite we had booked, that was a deal neither of us could pass on.

In my most humble opinion, $300 more for a 4-day just doesn't seem worth it...but then again, I suppose it depends on the cabin you've got currently booked. If you're moving from an ocean view to a grand suite, well, heck! Why not? If it's from a regular balcony room to the grand suite ON THE ECSTASY, it's too much.

Have fun no matter what you decide, though. :)

Thanks.....we will DEFINITELY have FUN!

I did exactly that, did a mock booking and the price quoted was about $100 less than the mock booking.

I have already gone over our room budget by booking an aft balcony U240 vs an inside on Empress, which is what we would normally get on a 4-day weekend getaway cruise.

We have both been working long hours and deserve the break and we enjoy coffee on the balcony and drinks as well.

I looked at the location of the GS offered U112 and was not crazy about the location, near the bump out of the ship and we don't need more sf room space to make a mess, if it was a HUGE balcony upgrade I would have been more tempted.

Susan

Archived