traditional dining during Spring Break

For those that have cruised during Spring Break and can compare to a regular week, what effect, if any, does the typical Spring Break crowd have on the traditional dinner seatings? Is late seating awash with drunken revelers on their way to more shenanigans? Is early seating filled to the brim with children that have never dined at an establishment with cloth napkins? Please, do tell!

If memory serves me correctly (it frequently does NOT), I think we’ve only had late seatings, but have never cruised during Spring Break.

thanks!

We (either just DH and myself or with our adult children) have cruised several times the eastern caribbean during spring break..Sorry, but that time seems to get an undeserving reputation (IMHO)...There can be rowdy cruisers at any time of any age...When we do opt for the MDR we have chosen the early seating and have never heard or seen any behaviour that ruined our dining...Enjoy this great weather time to cruise.

I was on NOS last week and ate in the MDR each evening using MTD at 6:30 each evening. There were lots of families and college age on board and in the dining rooms, but we did not observe anything out of the oridinary in the dining room. I can't comment on the late seating since we were not in the MDR during that time. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you do encounter an ongoing issue near you, just ask to be moved the next day, if possible.

We often cruise spring break as well and always choose late dining, not a single problem to report at the late dining during Spring Break either. In fact, the only times we experienced what I would consider excessive rowdiness was at the pool deck on a sea day on one spring break cruise years ago out of Galveston which included several large college age groups and one private operator excursion where several boisterous middle aged people began drinking very early in the day. Otherwise, no issues for us.

Archived