Who's sailed from NY or Baltimore recently?

SugarStar00

Wondering what the temps have been like the last few weeks on the way down to the Bahamas. I see the temps for land but how much cooler is it at sea? Is it too cold for swim suits on the lido? Not sure how to pack, always sailed out from Florida! Thanks!!

Just sailed from Baltimore- caveat, we live in Hawaii, our blood is THIN lol- it was COLD to us all the way to FL. On the the Pride there is a retractable glass roof over the one lido deck pool, that kept it bearable We did see people- mostly children, swimming in the pool, the hot tubs were more popular. It was def a more indoor trip the first 2 days. Once we hit Fl it was warm enough and it was BEAUTIFUL in the Bahamas.

Whenever we sail from Baltimore this time of year you can pretty much count on the first sea day and the last sea day to be an inside day. And this year it seems that old man winter is really hanging on with below average temps so you can pretty much count on it being chilly.

Sailed the Pride last week, weather was cold first and last days, very nice otherwise. The retractable roof over one of the pool areas helps, but staying in the hot tub helps even better on those couple of cold days.

Don't miss the SeaDay brunches, which I believe are relatively new! We thought the menu items and food quality was outstanding.

weather is iffy- its been a long winter but we sailed from baltimore in february 2 years ago and arrived with weather that was 54 degrees a few weeks before they had to dig the cars'out in order to get home. there were a ton of kids in the water a few years back 2006 the bahamas got a cold front from the east and it was 52 degrees and cold

bring a sweatshirt. It will be need on the first and last day. Also pack a long sleeve shirt. The Pride is my favorite ship. She is great. It is normal temperature on the lido is okay on the first sea day, maybe sun but by Day 3 (2nd sea day) it will be warm. The good thing about the Pride is that she has a retracting roof so when it's cold you can swim in there. Enjoy! I will watch you guys leave from my house!!

I'd like to know more about brunch. I thought that was only on 2.0 ships

Pride has the brunch, the food was very yummy and the menu great BUT holy cow it was SLLLOOOOWWW service. We only tried it once because it was so slow, but my parents said it was better on the other days they tried.

It was cool the first two days, but they did have the pool covered. Walking from the covered pool, going to the front/outside pool area/gym you notice the change in temperature as soon as hit you the doorway/threshold opening!!!!

Yes, the SeaDay Brunches are in the MDR. Hours were 10AM to 1PM (maybe 2PM?) and the menu was different than the regular meals menus. The breakfast rolls were different than the conventional breads (and tasty), my wife and kids had filet mignon that was outstanding, came with a tasty spinach and some uniquely prepared potato fries. I went for the caesar salad (with jerk flavored bacon and a nice parmesan) and have to say it was outstanding - better than I've had in five star restaurants. My entree was a Mexican chicken and egg dish (juevos rancheros, maybe?) and it was so good I had it again the next day rather than that yummy filet mignon. They also had a number of spicy specialty bloody mary drinks featured - and they are great!

Archived