Whale watching

We are cruising early in Sept New England/Canada. Would like to whale watch..any suggestion as to a "more gooder" port to do this ? Will be in Portland, Halifax, Corner Brook, Charlottestown, Saint Johns, Bar Harbor. Thanks for the help.

Frank

I would suggest either Portland or Bar Harbour. I am not sure which of them is best. The other stops are not good for this at all.

There is great whale watching on the Bay of Fundy, but it is too far from Saint John and your Halifax stop is nowhere near it.

Go to Trip Advisor and ask about whale watching there.

There is great whale watching on the Bay of Fundy, but it is too far from Saint John and your Halifax stop is nowhere near it.

Saint John is on the Bay of Fundy but in the wrong area? The confusion is that the ship may be stopping in St. John's. The latter is certainly further from the Bay of Fundy than Halifax is!

We are cruising early in Sept New England/Canada. Would like to whale watch..any suggestion as to a "more gooder" port to do this ? Will be in Portland, Halifax, Corner Brook, Charlottestown, Saint Johns, Bar Harbor. Thanks for the help.

Frank

You might see whales near Corner Brook ..they do have tours in the area

Hey Knarf(Frank spelled backwards) I remember you from our Princess cruise.Are you going on Princess again?

Laura

Hi Laura and Jeff from Upstate NY:p

Sure I remember you..you still owe me money !!:D:p

We are on RCCL this time . Haven't been on Princess since we cruised with you folks. We like Princess, so probably in the near future we might do Princess again.

Knarf/Frank

ok thanks : ) Saint John Saint John

Yes, it would take too long from Saint John to get out to the whales which are more towards the mouth of the Bay of Fundy. If you take a land vacation (and after seeing Atlantic Canada you will want to come back) then you can whale watch from the island of Grand Manan in New Brunswick, or from the Digby to Brier Island area in Nova Scotia. There is also great whale watching from the west coast of Cape Breton, but you do not see some of the larger whales there.

Archived