If I had a $1 everytime I heard this response.

ItsFoxy

I could pay for the Cheers Program...

Me: Yay! I'm going on a cruise soon!!

Them: Hope its not Carnival.

:(

I tell them I'm not worried! :p Leave in 7 days!!! Well technically 8...but I head to the port in 7. ;)

Me too. If it's somebody who I considers has at least 1/2 of a brain, I take the time to explain the TRUTH about the outages, instead of what the media has been spewing, and then 95% of the time, they'll express surprise, and agreement. :eek:

"SKY"

We were at Bass Pro Shop. A lady was walking around trying to sell weekend trips to Branson, MO. DH told her we already had a vacation planned. She asked where, he said a cruise. You can all finish this one. "Hope it's not Carnival." DH proudly said yes it is and we are not worried at all.

We are booked for Sept on the Magic with my sisters and BIL's. Only 1 BIL has never cruised. He keeps telling me we are taking him on a death ship. I asked him if he thought we would go if we thought it was dangerous. Oh and BTW, no one has died. I told him we are going, with or without him. My sis told me the same thing.

I have no qualms whatsoever going on Carnival but I will be so happy when all this is OVER!!!

Now that our cruise is just TWO weeks out, I am getting it multiple times per day. I choose to just smile, and walk away. Yes, I am cruising on Carnival, and DAMN proud of it. lol Good Grief......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was extolling the virtues of cruising in general to someone, and mentioned how inexpensive it is if you're sailing Carnival out of Galveston. Someone then chimed in "Carnival is like the Walmart of cruiselines." Me: :eek: I couldn't believe it.

That's what I had heard before we took our first cruise - and I particularly don't like WalMart. We try to shop local, small business, yada yada.

But when it came right down to it, the port was close to home and the price was right to give cruising a try. I was blown away. The value is just incredible. You get so much for the actual dollars you put out - and you choose how much extra you want to spend above the tickets and gratuities. Don't have to drink, don't have to do shore excrusions, but you still get the ocean, good food, a room with great service...and entertainment if you want it. Maybe not Broadway, but there's stuff for all types.

I am not going to get all that on a land vacation for that price anywhere.

We never went to a night club or did a single ship activity or event - but I was never bored. The couple of times I didn't like the food, hello, there was half a dozen other choices to try and that's not counting the buffet. Food was not an issue! If I didn't like how crowded one place was I found another. Sometimes I really wonder at these reviews, but then people go cruising for different reasons. Me...I want the sea, I want a few new ports of call to experience, I want to enjoy my honey with no computers around - and I love not having to make my bed :p

Hmm I guess this means any line would suit me!

Now all that said, I do think Carnival is showing, from the numbers, a higher ratio of incidents per ship than their other brands or other cruiselines. But it's still a pretty insignificant chance that something will happen on the cruise I am on. Something like 2 incidents every 260+ cruises. Doesn't mean I won't try other ships, but right now I get that free drink going forward and there are plenty of ships and itineraries to try.

Gotta do the Legend west and the Dream south before I try another line. ;)

So tired of this as well. I am getting married on the ship, and people know I am getting married at work, but have forgotten over time which cruise line... so of course I have tons of people saying... oh, you are getting close to your date, are you excited? And then the very next question is, Oh it isn't a CARNIVAL ship is it?!?! :eek::eek:

Yes, it is. No, I'm not worried, I know the risks. I'm going to think positively and as long as when we get back to Florida we are legally married, I DON'T CARE what happens!!! :D:p

Its been that way for as long as I can remember. Carnival never had a good rep outside if its loyalists.

I dont care or get emotional about it I guess. I just tell them I will have a good time no matter what. I understand where their concern/ idea comes from. I too did not want to sail Carnival at one point due to its rep. In fact I avoided it for a few cruises in the past.

If anything, have fun with it. Tell them how excited you are to make and pack sandwiches for your cooler to bring since Carnival doesnt provide food and that since the ships are also used to haul livestock to the islands, you are picking out a nice new shovel to make sure your cabin/stall is fresh.

I put in my vacation request and my boss asked me what cruise ship I was going on, because she knows I like to cruise.

I told her the "Carnival Pride."

Her response, "should I tack on a few more vacation days just in case the ship breaks down?"

My response, "Sure. I could use a longer vacation." :D

I put in my vacation request and my boss asked me what cruise ship I was going on, because she knows I like to cruise.

I told her the "Carnival Pride."

Her response, "should I tack on a few more vacation days just in case the ship breaks down?"

My response, "Sure. I could use a longer vacation." :D

Yeah, I've already told my boss, don't worry if I get stuck in port a few extra days, I'll be having a great time!! :D

I am booked on a b2b2b in August, and the way I see it, no one has died with these mechanical issues. We cruise 2-3 times a year and although we've done other lines, we find ourselves in a carnival ship cause our kids enjoy it and we love it, and for a family of 4 who cruise as much as we do, its a great value. We can have our balcony room for the price of an inside/OV with some other lines. My DH and I joke around, saying, hey we could get a huge discount on our next cruise if we get stuck somewhere too. Lol! Heck, I'm already planning my February cruise.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

That's what I had heard before we took our first cruise - and I particularly don't like WalMart. We try to shop local, small business, yada yada.

But when it came right down to it, the port was close to home and the price was right to give cruising a try. I was blown away. The value is just incredible. You get so much for the actual dollars you put out - and you choose how much extra you want to spend above the tickets and gratuities. Don't have to drink, don't have to do shore excrusions, but you still get the ocean, good food, a room with great service...and entertainment if you want it. Maybe not Broadway, but there's stuff for all types.

I am not going to get all that on a land vacation for that price anywhere.

We never went to a night club or did a single ship activity or event - but I was never bored. The couple of times I didn't like the food, hello, there was half a dozen other choices to try and that's not counting the buffet. Food was not an issue! If I didn't like how crowded one place was I found another. Sometimes I really wonder at these reviews, but then people go cruising for different reasons. Me...I want the sea, I want a few new ports of call to experience, I want to enjoy my honey with no computers around - and I love not having to make my bed :p

Hmm I guess this means any line would suit me!

Now all that said, I do think Carnival is showing, from the numbers, a higher ratio of incidents per ship than their other brands or other cruiselines. But it's still a pretty insignificant chance that something will happen on the cruise I am on. Something like 2 incidents every 260+ cruises. Doesn't mean I won't try other ships, but right now I get that free drink going forward and there are plenty of ships and itineraries to try.

My mother and her husband are very well off (he alone makes six figures a year). I was showing my mom our cruise plans and excursions, and within two months she had the same itinerary plus an extra port booked. They live in northwest Florida and can drive to a number of ports to choose from. After returning, both said they would take the exact same cruise, on that exact ship, with the exact same itinerary. In fact, they're planning another one next year! I've seen on their Facebook some of their friends posting things, and they tell them what I just told you. We haven't been on our first one yet, but I laugh when people say the "walmart of cruising!" I laugh because I happen to LOVE Walmart ;) I tell them that too. There are plenty of people who can afford other more expensive cruise lines, but you cant beat the value of Carnival. With my husband being enlisted military, we're not "rich" by any means!

To the OP I just smile and tell people that's why we bought insurance and taking our passports :D You'll be cruising and they wont be. Just think about them when you're on board and they're sitting at work haha

We booked earlier this year on the Dream.....again!

I was reading about the Triumph while talking to our TA when we booked.

We paid in full for an aft wrap.

If the price drops good for us.

We got married on the Glory and this will be our tenth anniversary.

Not gonna miss this one. Hope we get "stuck" in St. Marteen!!!!!

I scratch my wallet as to why this worries those other than Carnival employees.

Last year, it was "I hope it's not Costa".

They earned what they're getting right now. If they correct it, the statements will subside.

True...But since Carnival makes up about 50% of the market its not surprising we hear of their incidents more often (statistically anyway).

I was extolling the virtues of cruising in general to someone, and mentioned how inexpensive it is if you're sailing Carnival out of Galveston. Someone then chimed in "Carnival is like the Walmart of cruiselines." Me: :eek: I couldn't believe it.

Next time I hear the Walmart remark, I may say how nice it must be to sail on Seabourn or Crystal. And ask them what it is like, since they must know their way around the true luxury lines. I will enjoy the dead silence. :p

Archived