Does liquor ordered from web get delivered to room?

richinmn

Hi, Never been on Carnival before and am weighing options. We are considering doing the Cheers program, but I noticed passengers can order liqour online through the gift shop on their website. Does this get delivered to the room for consumption during the cruise? I think this may be a better way to go. Order a couple bottles through them and then bring on the allowed bottles of wine. Thanks for any info.

If you order a bottle for your room be sure to print your order receipt and take it with you on your cruise, because we ordered a bottle of grey goose vodka and it was not in our room, so we had no proof we ordered it. After a lot of work with customer services It did arrive halfway thru our cruise. Do you know how hard it is for one person to drink a bottle that size in 3-4 days??

If you order a bottle for your room be sure to print your order receipt and take it with you on your cruise, because we ordered a bottle of grey goose vodka and it was not in our room, so we had no proof we ordered it. After a lot of work with customer services It did arrive halfway thru our cruise. Do you know how hard it is for one person to drink a bottle that size in 3-4 days??
It's not hard at all for one person to drink that much in 3-4 days. Drink that much in 3-4 days and be able to do anything else? That's hard.

Enjoy

Ron

DH ordered a bottle on our last cruise, didn't drink it all so he brought the rest home with him. Packed it in our checked bags and flew it home from Miami.

Hi, Never been on Carnival before and am weighing options. We are considering doing the Cheers program, but I noticed passengers can order liqour online through the gift shop on their website. Does this get delivered to the room for consumption during the cruise? I think this may be a better way to go. Order a couple bottles through them and then bring on the allowed bottles of wine. Thanks for any info.

I ordered a bottle last March on Magic out of Galveston, and due to Texas law, it was not delivered until the next morning after embarkation. I had no issues consuming it all in a weeks time, I was on vacation after all!!!:D:D:):)

Yes, it gets delivered to your room. In some jurisdictions (Texas for sure, maybe New Orleans) they have to wait until you're at sea to deliver it, so it may not arrive until late the first night or the second day.

Not sure about NOLA, but in Texas...

It cannot be delivered to the ship on Sunday within jurisdiction of the state (we have some funky liquor laws here :rolleyes:). For this reason they tend to wait until the following morning to deliver the bottles to cabins.

If your sailaway day is not on Sunday (i.e., you're sailing on the Triumph), your purchase should be waiting for you in your cabin when you board - on our 4 day Thursday departure, our bottle of Crown was all nice and wrapped up and tied with a bow sitting on the vanity when we walked into the cabin the first time.

Last I heard, there was legislation proposed to relax the Sunday liquor laws - sure hope it passes!

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived