Seattle Port Questions

Boobaby

My friend and I will be dropped off at the ship by our husbands while they go to the airport to return rental cars. Will we have a place to sit whiile we wait for their return? Shade? Is there a restaurant near by? Can we check our luggage and not have to drag it around while we wait?

hi, you will be able to sit in the shade, the hal terminal is a huge tent and if i remember correctly there was ac, but that really isn't a factor so far this summer in seattle. unfortunately there are no restaurants anywhere near as the hal terminal is in a more industrial part of town. there should be snack machines where you can purchase a soda, etc.

Where the HAL ships are docked, there are no restaurants or shops at the pier because it is a pier for loading and unloading commercial vessels. There are not any shops or restaurants within walking distance. You could take a taxi over to Pike Market or Pier 66 where NCL docks and that would cost $10 plus tip for a taxi each way. Food and plenty of shops over there.

There is seating inside the covered area where you will check-in for the cruise. I assume you can all check your baggage when you get there and wait until they return for all of you to embark together.

Where the HAL ships are docked, there are no restaurants or shops at the pier because it is a pier for loading and unloading commercial vessels. There are not any shops or restaurants within walking distance.

There is seating inside the covered area where you will check-in for the cruise. I assume you can all check your baggage when you get there and wait until they return for all of you to embark together.[/quote

Like the terminals in FLL. No shops or restaurants there either.

Be prepared to wait for husbands. You mentioned that they will drop both of you off at the pier and then return the rental cars to the airport.

Are you aware that the airport is not close to the cruise terminal? How do they intend to get back to the cruise terminal from the airport? Taxi?

Check and see if your rental car company will let you return the car to their downtown lot. We have rented a car in the city, so I know one, and probably all, the rental agencies have intown Seattle pickup and drop-off lots. Even if there was a charge, which I doubt, it still would be a lot easier and I bet a lot cheaper than going all the way back out to Seatac and then taxi back to the port. :)

I understand that Hertz now has a drop off kiosk at Pier 30. If you are renting from them you may want to consider that. Or you may want to consider changing to Hertz even if the price is a little higher...you will save the cost of the trip back from the airport and will be able to use the car up until the time you are ready to board.

Archived