Most crowded: July & Christmas/New years

My personal choice for best overall: May or September

Very subjective question.

Best weather: June - August

Least kids but still pretty good weather: April, May, September, October

Best deals: Thanksgiving - Mid December

Thanks for your quick answer. I am thinking about a cruise and trying to decide when.

Helen

Years ago some fellows from USC built a hotel in Tahiti. Have you heard of it and do you know which island it is on. One of the young men who started it went to school with us and we have booked a cruise next year to the Islands and would love to visit it.... Thanks

First of all Tahiti is one single island. So your question is which island did some fellows from USC built a hotel on in French Polynesia? ;)

Of course the answer in the Bali Hai which was located on what now is the Pearl Beach Resort on Moorea. I visited the resort several times before it was 'retired'. Was a fun place to hang for diiner, so much fun. I've talked with 2 of the Bali Hai Boys and had lunch with one of them. Oh what stories. They were 3 very wild party hardy young men.

I think what is the single most important thing the boys did was the legacy they created. Their employees loved them. To this day you can find 'mamas' who worked for them that have nothing but the highes praise for the boys. Many of the original huts at the Bali Hai ware scattered around the island as when they 'retired' the Bali Hai they pretty much gave away everything to the families who worked over the years for them.

BTW, to my knowledge you can still find one of the 'boys' at the Club Bali Hai most mornings at the Blue Pineapple having breakfast and then a bowl of ice cream. ;)

You might find this interesting:

There is a series of about 10 videos.

So 'Calita' ........... how old are you? :p

Here is a picture of the original OWB at the Bali Hai. They don't make them like this anymore .......... pitty

BaliHai-1_zpsca6c8a97.jpg

How far is this hotel from the port? I will be traveling with my 85 year old mother next April (working on her bucket list). Plan to fly in 1 day prior to the cruise. Does the hotel offer shuttle service? I am working with a TA, but like to check things out myself.:confused:

Very subjective question.

Best weather: June - August

Least kids but still pretty good weather: April, May, September, October

Best deals: Thanksgiving - Mid December

I know you say the best deals are Thanksgiving - Mid December, but what would the weather be like? We are thinking on a cruise to Tahit mid -December thru mid - January do you think the weather will be OK?

• 1 month later...
No problem, feel free to ask. If I know the answer I'll tell you, if I don't I'll tell you I don't, no fluff, just good stuff :)

We are going on the Pacific Princess in March of 2014. You have already answered one of my questions about OWB at Moorea. We have arranged most of our private tour guides for the cruise . Marc's Motu Picnic and 4x4 on Huahine, Pa'ati Exc with Leon on Rangiroa ( never heard from my other inquiry after several emails from other company( tereva) L'excursion Bleue on Raiatea, Bora Bora 2 days with Patrick - 3/4 Lagoon and lunch 1 day, 4x4 second day, Moorea with Franckyfrank full day ( other company Albert never replied to several emails) Right now I have heard nothing from several emails to Patrick on Papeete at Patrickadventure@mail.pf or cu@papeete.com. Do you have any suggestions on another tour guide or can you suggest a way to reach Patrick ?There are 4 of us who would like to confirm all our tours on the islands and not have to deal with crowded ship excursions. Any information, suggestions, opinions would be appreciated. Thanks ! Linda

gannyvan ( Georgia )

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps one of the sad things about the island of Tahiti is that when they "retire" a resort they just leave it to rot. On our recent visit to the islands we saw too many "retired" resorts that have become eyesores.

Hank

I would agree, not the best time though I always say a bad day in paradise is better than many good days back home :)

Expect the humidity to be higher, the seas can be a bit rougher and as there usually is more rain the visability can be an issue right afterwards.

The good part is the rain usually comes and goes very quickly, just the added humidity is the bad thing.

I've also been there several times during that time period and had no rain at all, you just don't know but the fact is there are better times to go but then the pice tag is usually more .........

I would agree, not the best time though I always say a bad day in paradise is better than many good days back home :)

Expect the humidity to be higher, the seas can be a bit rougher and as there usually is more rain the visability can be an issue right afterwards.

The good part is the rain usually comes and goes very quickly, just the added humidity is the bad thing.

I've also been there several times during that time period and had no rain at all, you just don't know but the fact is there are better times to go but then the pice tag is usually more .........

Thanks - about what I thought. We've been to Indonesia in both the wet and dry seasons - sounds about the same. Have read that, although close, the weather in the Marquesas is different?

Doug

• 1 month later...

We will be on the Pacific Princess in March. Any suggestions for what to do on these islands.. Huahine and Raiatea...

Are there taxi's at the docks waiting to do a private charter??

Thanks,

Huahine - take "Marc's Motu Picnic" tour - http://www.huahine-nautique.com

Raiatea - Take Bruno's tour "L'excurion Bleue" - http://www.tahaa.net/

I've done both several times, by far the best tour on each of those islands

No taxi on Huahine at the dock but there are car rentals. On Raiatea there are a few taxi's there

Archived